A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed OEM Aluminum pedals on my A8

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Installed OEM Aluminum pedals on my A8

So I was getting tired of the stock look especially the cheap looking metal accelerators so I made the order online from germany and sure it enough it was at my door days later.
they also arrived with a manual detailing installation ... it was a lot more involved than I had thought... requiring the removal of hood release, drivers side under dash cover and door sill.

Diving right in during installation:
two pedals installed and work on removing the left foot rest...
hood release uninstalled including door insert making room for the dead pedal to be firmly pressed in place
final shot of everything reinstalled
bonus shot of OEM Audi rings projector ... a bit gimmicky but i'm digging the look.Total install time for the pedals was close to 70mins and mostly due to carefulness and fear of creating anymore under dash creeks and squeaks. I also needed sometime to heat up the pedal rubber inserts (on the back) to help ease installation ... just left them on top of the intake manifold for a bit while removing other parts.

Overall i like this mod for two reasons, one of course being aesthetics and pedal feel is now greatly improved over bare metal (especially on the previously bare accelerator ). The rubber on the pedals is softer and more sticky than stock providing a more satisfying grip.

Last edited by Silver_Solid; 09-24-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That looks really nice! That is something I would attempt myself. How much did it cost??
Old 09-24-2017, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice! I'm sure the soles of your shoes are feeling luxurious now.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stevereddy
That looks really nice! That is something I would attempt myself. How much did it cost??
thanks. I believe it was around 230 bucks shipped.

Originally Posted by LexusLSguy
Nice! I'm sure the soles of your shoes are feeling luxurious now.
The pedals do feel much more solid... in all honestly was never a fan of these types of pedals till I tried them on the S8.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Where did you source these from? Been wanting to do the upgrade myself..
Old 09-26-2017, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

(a) I bought these too, OEM and they're fantastic but (b) what the hell with that install!!!!!! I didn't have to remove anything at all to install my dead pedal, took me about 10 minutes. Completely baffled by this install honestly. For anyone looking to do this, it's a great mod but doesn't require all that work, at least not for me. FWIW I have a 2013 A8L.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Blew my mind too. Not sure why all that disassembly was required.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah, that's a bit crazy. As for the stupid, dumb, idiotic door sill lights...I have them too! love 'em. I had them on my BMW as well and those were even better since the logo looked sharper since it was just the circle logo. might even get them for our land rover.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FA8L
Where did you source these from? Been wanting to do the upgrade myself..
Not sure about forum rules, so i dropped you a PM with ebay link.

Originally Posted by frybear
(a) I bought these too, OEM and they're fantastic but (b) what the hell with that install!!!!!! I didn't have to remove anything at all to install my dead pedal, took me about 10 minutes. Completely baffled by this install honestly. For anyone looking to do this, it's a great mod but doesn't require all that work, at least not for me. FWIW I have a 2013 A8L.
I could have cut some steps but the pedal would not have slipped in correctly as there is a slot where the top end of the drivers door still slides to lock it into place as seen in the pic below.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

strange, mine slotted in just fine...love the look!

Quick Reply: Installed OEM Aluminum pedals on my A8