A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered Stage 2 APR kit for my 2013 Audi S8

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your S8 is going to be a monster. Incredible what they can get out of that motor and on a APR factory tune to boot. Imagine what a custom tune would get you.

Last edited by LexusLSguy; 03-16-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone with results here? Post installation report? Come ON... that's the IMPORTANT PART!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW. I've had this installed for 3 months now and WOW. It's ridiculous. I've put 100 octane in this and it is by far the fastest car I have sat in, let alone driven.
My wife drives the car also, so it's not too noticeable in Comfort mode. In Dynamic mode, the exhaust opens up and you can really hear the throatyness at 4-5000 RPM.

This car pulls so hard, that it took me some time to get comfortable. Well worth the ~$7000!!!

I tried to take a video but you can't really hear the sound of the exhaust note properly. My DSLR kinda sucks for shooting video.

Thanks to Precision Motorwerks in Santa Clara for the install. Jeff is awesome. Go see him if you need anything for your VW/Audi.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That’s insane!!! I wish APR would make a stage 2 map for the A8. I was so bummed when they told me there’s no software to match the hardware.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had APR stage 1 installed in my 2017 S8, it didnt make the figures quoted on APR's website, mine is a UK car and obviously a different dyon and fuel, was dissapointed till i went a run in it, wow its a huge difference and with the speed limiter removed i couldnt be happier. Stage 2 and catless downpipes coming soon!
Old 07-01-2017, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuddie
Had APR stage 1 installed in my 2017 S8, it didnt make the figures quoted on APR's website, mine is a UK car and obviously a different dyon and fuel, was dissapointed till i went a run in it, wow its a huge difference and with the speed limiter removed i couldnt be happier. Stage 2 and catless downpipes coming soon!
Probably gained a good amount of power after you took it out for some runs. This is why nobody custom tunes them on a dyno. The computer is self learning in a sense and will begin to provide optimum air to fuel / advancing the timing once it gets the data. If you dyno it right after the tune it won't be accurate.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LexusLSguy
Probably gained a good amount of power after you took it out for some runs. This is why nobody custom tunes them on a dyno. The computer is self learning in a sense and will begin to provide optimum air to fuel / advancing the timing once it gets the data. If you dyno it right after the tune it won't be accurate.
Hey thanks for that info buddy much appreciated. APR website stated it would make roughly 667bhp 697 lb/ft and mine on a 24deg celcius day made 620 / 698. I had a quick test drive afterwords and thought it felt a little faster but as I had 30 days or so where I could return if I was not happy decided to keep the tune on. On way home it felt ok but not worth the outlay in £'s. Next day took it out to see my friend felt a bit better, having left his house it felt like it was flying and seemed way quicker than the previous drives so you are on to something there LexusLSguy.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Yep. I know my Mercedes had a learning curve when tuned. It took a day or two to settle in to the new programming.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ritz
Jack is correct. Once the ECU is flashed, unless it was done by a dealer, you effectively have no drivetrain warranty. That bit is flipped in non-volatile RAM and can't be returned to the previous value. That never stopped me, and I never had a motor or trans go kaboom on me, but you should go into this with your eyes open. If it breaks, it's your problem so keep a rainy day fund. For that engine and that transmission, I'd have at LEAST $10-15k laying around.

Best,
Lexus posted the following quote

Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?
No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. The manufacturer or dealer can, however, require consumers to use select parts if those parts are provided to consumers free of charge under the warranty.

Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.
New member here. Former owner of 3 S4s, one of each (TT, V8 & S6). None of them modded at all except the 1st one which only had an aftermarket.

There is a fairly important distinction here I think. I am in discussions about buying an a '17 Audi with the APR Stage 2 mods and I asked these very questions of the seller (dealer). In fact, he told me the very same thing Lexus quoted above, Magnusson-Moss and all.

I expect once a warranty is voided that would be that. BUT if the warranty is NOT voided and an issue occurs the seller told me that Audi must make the case that the aftermarket part contributed to or directly caused the failure before they can deny coverage.

If the warranty is voided once the Stage 2 is discovered I think I would avoid the car - not worth the trouble. But if the warranty stays in place and Audi needs to prove the mods caused the failure I think I might chance it.

Can anyone confirm which "version" of the above is truly correct ?

TIA
Old 11-13-2017, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A part should be designed and manufactured to be identical. The APR tune intentionally modifies performance and creates greater stress that the car wasn’t designed for. Seems a pretty easy argument for audi to make. No one has said it would void the warranty for MMI or your seats for example.

Quick Reply: Just ordered Stage 2 APR kit for my 2013 Audi S8