A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of warning lights on dash.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could also be the wiring harness for that ABS sensor.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same problem. For me it was a bad connector at the gearboxes computer. cleaned it and it works like a charm. it is located under the car near the gearbox
Old 08-09-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Apologies for my delay in providing an update. After replacing the ABS Sensor and the wheel hub (with magnetic ring), the problem persisted. The wiring loom was then replaced and this resolved the issue.
Thanks to all those who responded along the way.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by niceone
Apologies for my delay in providing an update. After replacing the ABS Sensor and the wheel hub (with magnetic ring), the problem persisted. The wiring loom was then replaced and this resolved the issue.

Good news, glad you got it sorted.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks like the fella that posted the pics has bigger problems. That is anti freeze in the plug in. Common issue with the Audis! You have a valve pressurizing the harness. Better get it fixed before it takes out all the components including the ECU, its just a matter of time.

Anyone thinking they have a harness issue, best make sure its not antifreeze in the harness. Valve IS leaking if it is. If I'm not mistaken, there are two or three valves in the engine/transmission system that will do this.

Last edited by KnappAttack; 08-09-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the barrage of warning lights yesterday and rock hard suspension. After driving for a bit and letting it sit for about 10 minutes, everything was back to normal. Having read this forum, I immediately called Audi and an independent Audi facility both of which indicated the battery was on its way out (which I suspected thanks to all of the awesome commenters on this forum). $600 and 2 hours later (I went with the independent that services my family's A6), I have have a new battery.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

$600? How much was the battery and labor?
Old 08-18-2018, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twglasgow
$600? How much was the battery and labor?
The battery was $410 and labor $160 at the independent which included programming it to the car (including tax, it came to $600).
The dealer was charging $456 and $237.50 respectively (not including taxes).

The cost of the battery can vary a bit based on your VIN which tells them the build lot and which battery is appropriate for your vehicle. When I called the dealer and the independent, they both asked for my VIN before giving me a quote.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default multiple warning lights

Originally Posted by niceone
I know its been awhile but here goes which wiring loom did you replace. I'm currently having the same issue. Please advise
Old 04-08-2021, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had the same issue, car was running fine, had the car checked for errors and had over 14 of them, all relating to voltage issues.

turns out I had a faulty wheel bearing which started to make noise shortly after the initial lintermittent lights on dash. So that had caused the abs sensor on that wheel to become faulty. Causing all the warning lights to come on which included
head lights, parking brake, stablisation program, esp, tyre pressure monitor, sure I have forgot some and abs and air bag lights,

I looked through loads of threads checking the coolant leak and other things. But that was the fix. New bearing and abs sensor.
hope it helps someone.
The following 2 users liked this post by Clive Turner:
JaL3 (04-08-2021), mikesvwservice (03-19-2023)

Quick Reply: Lots of warning lights on dash.