AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/loyal-audi-customer-just-got-f%80ked-2971859/)

dadifatsacs 05-07-2019 10:33 AM

Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!!

I've been a loyal Audi customer since '04!! I've had 4 Audi since, '04 A6.. '07 A8L.. '11 A8L and now a '15 A8L 4.0t executive package. The '14 A8 had a fecall and on my way tonget the recall fixed it stalled on me. I assumed it was the coil packs because it was misfiring drastically. So when I called for a tow the check engine light was on. Sadly tobsay it wouldn't start to even get it on the flatbed. When Audi called to tell me why the check engine light was on they tole me the turbos has took a **** and needed replacing. 12k PLUS TAX!!! YEAH!!! I don't have 12k for a car who only has 82k miles and barely driven. So the dealer called to tell me to call Audi of America for assistance. So they did an investigation for 2 weeks these mofo told me "unfortunately there is nothing Audi can assist you with at this time." NOW... I've had this Audi for no more than 12 months and only driven on the highway being I have family in Florida and I live near Pa so I have put MAYBE 10K on the car since having. I've made trips to SC, GA and FL since having. Maintained ... car is clean... with blown turbos. 😑... I've never had a issue with my Audi which is why I repeatedly been a loyal customer.. after today.. Audi has left a BAAAAD taste in my mouth due to then having told me to "KISS THEY ASS"!! MAYBE I'M JUST THE ONLY CUSTOMER THEY'VE TOLD THAT TO... HOPEFULLY not!!

*just venting*

TinyElviss 05-07-2019 11:46 AM

Research carefully on this site and follow proper NHSTA complaint procedures and TSB's by VoA.

dadifatsacs 05-07-2019 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by TinyElviss (Post 25313353)
Research carefully on this site and follow proper NHSTA complaint procedures and TSB's by VoA.

Thank you!🙏🙏

RED HORSE 05-07-2019 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs (Post 25313318)
I've been a loyal Audi customer since '04!! I've had 4 Audi since, '04 A6.. '07 A8L.. '11 A8L and now a '15 A8L 4.0t executive package. The '14 A8 had a fecall and on my way tonget the recall fixed it stalled on me. I assumed it was the coil packs because it was misfiring drastically. So when I called for a tow the check engine light was on. Sadly tobsay it wouldn't start to even get it on the flatbed. When Audi called to tell me why the check engine light was on they tole me the turbos has took a **** and needed replacing. 12k PLUS TAX!!! YEAH!!! I don't have 12k for a car who only has 82k miles and barely driven. So the dealer called to tell me to call Audi of America for assistance. So they did an investigation for 2 weeks these mofo told me "unfortunately there is nothing Audi can assist you with at this time." NOW... I've had this Audi for no more than 12 months and only driven on the highway being I have family in Florida and I live near Pa so I have put MAYBE 10K on the car since having. I've made trips to SC, GA and FL since having. Maintained ... car is clean... with blown turbos. 😑... I've never had a issue with my Audi which is why I repeatedly been a loyal customer.. after today.. Audi has left a BAAAAD taste in my mouth due to then having told me to "KISS THEY ASS"!! MAYBE I'M JUST THE ONLY CUSTOMER THEY'VE TOLD THAT TO... HOPEFULLY not!!

*just venting*

One of several reasons I traded my S8 for a Porsche.

dadifatsacs 05-08-2019 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by RED HORSE (Post 25313555)
One of several reasons I traded my S8 for a Porsche.

You had a turbo issue as well???

Nermb 05-08-2019 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs (Post 25313318)

*just venting*

That's some very bad luck. Just have them rebuilt. It'll be much much cheaper than the 12k quoted by the dealer. If you're mechanically inclined, you may be able to even do it yourself for around 2500. Or just pay a good indy shop to do it for you.

RED HORSE 05-09-2019 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs (Post 25313797)
You had a turbo issue as well???

Didn't yet have turbo issues, but didn't like hearing about those who did. PLUS whenever I tried to talk to Audi USA about problems with Audi Connect etc. which I had several, I was told to use T-Mobil or nothing else and when I complained they said "If you can afford an S-8 then you don't need to complain." Pisses me off beyond being angry to be treated like that after just buying their $100,00.00 + car. Then there was the 6 week wait for a fuel tank replacement to be shipped from Germany, then 6 trips back for alleged efforts to fix fuel gauge after it wouldn't work after tank replacement. Then there was the continuing anomalies of the MMI failing to start properly, losing radio presets, price of a brake job, etc. Happier with Porsche. I've always been treated well by them.

1stGOAT 05-09-2019 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by TinyElviss (Post 25313353)

Excellent long term advice in case this develops into class action or common issue and possibly recovering some amount of money. Since the car is long out of warranty I don't think their is much hope for your individual case.

In the interim, you will either need to rebuild the turbos if damage was not extensive or replace them. Find a good non-dealer shop that does a lot of Audi modifying and has a good reputation and have the work done there for probably 1/2 or less of what a dealer will charge you. Only 1 turbo may need repair.

For how few of these are on the road, seems we have seen several failures which is abnormal.

Most important, I would do your homework and find out how this occurred and correct whatever caused it, this should not happen. Unless you have been taking this to the track and running it on road courses and putting it through hard corners and suffered oil starvation (then you would know) find out what happened so it does not happen again.

dadifatsacs 05-13-2019 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1stGOAT (Post 25314410)
Excellent long term advice in case this develops into class action or common issue and possibly recovering some amount of money. Since the car is long out of warranty I don't think their is much hope for your individual case.

In the interim, you will either need to rebuild the turbos if damage was not extensive or replace them. Find a good non-dealer shop that does a lot of Audi modifying and has a good reputation and have the work done there for probably 1/2 or less of what a dealer will charge you. Only 1 turbo may need repair.

For how few of these are on the road, seems we have seen several failures which is abnormal.

Most important, I would do your homework and find out how this occurred and correct whatever caused it, this should not happen. Unless you have been taking this to the track and running it on road courses and putting it through hard corners and suffered oil starvation (then you would know) find out what happened so it does not happen again.

Spoke with Audi service rep and he said himself that both turbos should not have went. I don't drive it at all except for long highway trips or when I had to drive to work. No track racing, hard corners or and definetly kept up on the maintenance.. hell ...my service is due in 500 miles and Audi said I should've hit that number 3 months ago. That's how rare I drive it. My personal mechanic says he can probably rebuild them or get pretty good used ones but I'm like "**** that... I'm done with Audi" after this one!

tx170754 05-13-2019 09:43 AM

As one who retired from a very well known US OEM corporation in which, most of my time was spent in world wide supplier quality, I can tell you that the turbo Audi supplier royally screed up their PV@V program related to these turbos, it wouldn’t surprise me if that supplier or that part of their business, is now history. Audi Supply Management and Supplier Quality folks are probably working long hours to fix this since if it escalates out of proportion it may cost them a lot of money...and not only this....