A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Matrix LED Retrofit possible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks derf. this is awesome news. I'll try to find an Audi engineer to definitively verify before I pull the trigger.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, I think the S8 looks good now and it looked good pre 2015 face lift as well!

So I think you're winning either way.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the LED arrangement on the pre-facelift. However the front bumper is a massive upgrade on the facelift, and also the hood and the complete rear look.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello

I did the retrofit and changed all the body parts fornt and rear and but the thing is the front left indicater isn't working and the high beams doesn't work as well and i got three fault messages in the instrument .

The garage guys says that it needs coding but they try alot of times and they couldn't have it done

I would like to know if there is any solution or i will be having the faults for ever
Old 11-28-2016, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if the software in the module for the headlights is specific to the type used. If that's the case, you won't be able to make them work, with any amount of coding. It's the module that needs changing, if that's the case. I don't think a dealer would update the software on the one you have.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 580 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
I wouldn't be surprised if the software in the module for the headlights is specific to the type used. If that's the case, you won't be able to make them work, with any amount of coding. It's the module that needs changing, if that's the case. I don't think a dealer would update the software on the one you have.
Similar guess by me too. Maybe a similar indirect clue is I don't think anyone has been able to get the sweeping/strobing turn signals to work either. I looked at that--both VCDS coding type approach and hidden menu--and came up dry.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jack88
which module ? can you give me part number or at least where is it located in the car
Old 12-13-2016, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

8K0941597E is the one that is factory for the facelifted models, and it is on the headlight assembly itself, I believe. I can't guarantee that is the only thing you would need to replace, but it's the logical next step. This isn't from an A8, but it should be similar. This is looking at the bottom of the assembly.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Slightly off topic...

Does anyone know if the non-US version (without the orange/yellow side marker) of the LED headlights for the 2011-2014 D4 can be just swapped in place of the US version (with the orange/yellow side marker)?
Old 06-18-2017, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Exclamation Any luck?

Did you find out way to get the headlights working.
The only thing is the high beam and Matrix function does not work.
Any advice?
Thank You.

Originally Posted by Ahmed Ameen
Hello

I did the retrofit and changed all the body parts fornt and rear and but the thing is the front left indicater isn't working and the high beams doesn't work as well and i got three fault messages in the instrument .

The garage guys says that it needs coding but they try alot of times and they couldn't have it done

I would like to know if there is any solution or i will be having the faults for ever

Quick Reply: Matrix LED Retrofit possible?