A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI Software Update to K0942_3

Old 09-17-2017, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The maps are the newest North American maps available. 2015/2016

If you are interested in doing this PM me your email address.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the proper sequence to update the RSE Maps?
Everything is up to date in the front. but the back seat still shows the old map version and "no compatible maps"..

Duke,Thanks again for the help getting this far.

Last edited by odgreenboy; 10-08-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The RSE should be updated at the same time as the front MMI. You use two cards, one in the front, and one in the back.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have K0960 update in my car and MMI is fnally able to use Remote SIM Card profile from my Android phone and I can read text messages on MMI. Also don't need separate SIM card for online maps, internet is shared from the phone. However it takes over you internet connection on the phone so if you expect to use other online services on the phone directly, you have to connect to the car Wifi hotspot to use your own internet shared with the car. A bit complicated, but I hope it makes sense.

I used remote profile for a couple of days but then put back SIM car and use it as before, card for maps and Audi Connect, and phone just as phone.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by the_duke
The RSE should be updated at the same time as the front MMI. You use two cards, one in the front, and one in the back.
Hate to admit this; but it was a simple as not having run the activation SD in the back seat. Everything is working now.

*Rear Seat indicates previous version which I'm going to blame on the fact that I did not delete database in the green menu before loading the new maps.

*I only used one card and moved it from front to back as the MMI told me to refer to front or back screens.

Again thanks Duke and the other great folks on this forum.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by odgreenboy
Hate to admit this; but it was a simple as not having run the activation SD in the back seat. Everything is working now.

*Rear Seat indicates previous version which I'm going to blame on the fact that I did not delete database in the green menu before loading the new maps.

*I only used one card and moved it from front to back as the MMI told me to refer to front or back screens.

Again thanks Duke and the other great folks on this forum.
I didn't delete anything in the green menu and I have correct version showing on both. I'd recommend running the update again on the RSE.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by the_duke
I didn't delete anything in the green menu and I have correct version showing on both. I'd recommend running the update again on the RSE.
Now I'm very confused.

I bought 2 x SanDisk Extreme PLUS 100MB/s SD cards. Reloaded everything and have run the updates twice. With a card in both front and rear I'm unable to get the rear to reflect the new map version. Additionally, the activation script isn't working any more in front or rear. For the activation script I've reformatted everything and tried with 3 different cards. I hoping that I'm just missing a step and didn't seriously screw something up.

Any thoughts? The activator does say "use only once". Do I need to modify the script?
Old 12-09-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2013 Audi A8

Hi Duke, I just bought a used Audi and I would like to pick your brain if I may.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am interested in getting the files for the new firmware. Where can I find them?

I have a 2015 A8 with the MMI 3p in it.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2018, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello Duke.
I'm looking to update my MMI software as well. I've been having problems finding somewhere to get it from.
Can you tell me where you got your MMI software from?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMI Software Update to K0942_3