A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY LAST AUDI!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driver side gasket pulling out as well!
Old 11-13-2017, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

OEM Windshield
Old 11-13-2017, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ive had time to think about this issue. About a year ago I bought an Audi sunshade to put in the windshield because I have to park the car outside at work. I think the reflective sunshade on the 100+ degree days, super heated the windshield via the reflective foil shade. It should not have caused this damage, but an already weak point was probably made weaker. As for the cost of the separator, I checked with the indy shop that did all the work on my D2 and D3 and they said the cost was the same as the dealer,and recommended that I get the dealer to perform the work. I also checked other posts on the forum and the price was inline with what others were charged. I check my invoice to see if it matches yours but to me it is a quality control issue. No car should have a $2700 part failure before 45,000 miles warranty or not! I chose Audi many years ago for the understated styling, the Quattro control and the power and reliability of the 4.2 engine. Hell when I first got my D2 and went to the dealership, the sales and service people came outside viewing the car like it was the pope! It dawned on me that they had never seen an A8 in person before! 2002! Thats how long its been! I drove my car today and its still the most exhilarating machine experience without a doubt! Im torn!
Old 11-13-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I have leased 4 Audis and never had a single repair
Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

New member here compelled to jump in on this thread -- Might well be with you -- First and Last Audi
2011 A8 bought CPO in 2013 w/32K miles-- maybe should have clued in to fact this car fell off cliff in terms of depreciation from over $110 MSRP to ~ $50K
Upon delivery the rear window shade was inoperative -- another clue
Let's see:
43K -- Heater core & regulating valve -- Failed
Front sway bar links making awful noise and also replaced at same time
Annoying rattle in right front dash chased while they took apart entire dash for heater core R & R; techs broke two windshields in the process and needed to reinstall rear view mirror properly!
Two outdoor door handle puddle lights -- Inop -- FIx Em!!
Leading edge under hood trim piece attach points broken -- Fix it!!
50K -- Coolant pump leaking - R&R
55K -- By now Dec 2016 and recalled for Coolant shut off valve issue -- leaking coolant -- R&R
57K -- 4 months later -- same shut off valve -- leaking!! Dealer wanted $1100 and CPO had just run out -- Hell No!
"Goodwill" repair included fix of faulty passenger door contact switch!!
61K -- Nov 17 -- LEAKING "COOLANT PIPE" -- $750 -- 4 hours labor to R&R -- are you kidding me??!!

Taking up issues with Audi North America -- time to speak up. One week after phone call and written complaint to Audi -- guess what -- not a peep!! Absurd

Anyone have good experience or advice to offer on dealing with Audi HQ? Completely unimpressed ... shame on me for rolling dice on first model year, but this is ridiculous. Car has been babied!!!!
Old 11-13-2017, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I just moved to Las Vegas and I've purchased the same Audi branded sun shade. I guess we'll see if this causes a windshield failure after next summer. My car has about 65k it had the vibration issue which was fixed with new downpipes. I also had a motor mount replaced. Unfortunately, I scanned the car the other day and it again has a motor mount error code. I cleared it and haven't checked to see if it's come back yet. I did have a couple other minor issues. The engine compartment gasket was cooked solid at the back right above the turbos and was falling apart. Also, I noticed when I did my brakes a few weeks ago that the passenger side jack point, which is a piece of plastic that snaps into the underbody, is missing. So far everything has been covered by either the factory warranty or the cpo warranty.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice

Last edited by diaudi13; 04-13-2018 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Change of heart
Old 11-14-2017, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by the_duke
I just moved to Las Vegas and I've purchased the same Audi branded sun shade. I guess we'll see if this causes a windshield failure after next summer. My car has about 65k it had the vibration issue which was fixed with new downpipes. I also had a motor mount replaced. Unfortunately, I scanned the car the other day and it again has a motor mount error code. I cleared it and haven't checked to see if it's come back yet. I did have a couple other minor issues. The engine compartment gasket was cooked solid at the back right above the turbos and was falling apart. Also, I noticed when I did my brakes a few weeks ago that the passenger side jack point, which is a piece of plastic that snaps into the underbody, is missing. So far everything has been covered by either the factory warranty or the cpo warranty.
Almost every tint shop has clear windshield film.
​​​​​​You guys should try the clear film that block 43% off the sun's heat and 99% UV rays. I have it and it's amazing
Old 11-14-2017, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow .. I hate to see these comments.
This is my first Audi after previous S Class and BMW (Bring My Wallet) 7 & 6 series cars have all failed miserably.
I am hoping that the S8+ can be the dependable car (CPO) that I want to keep for a while.
So far the dealer has been accommodating whereas the last several dealerships (Merc. & BMW) were like a bunch of monkeys waiting for me to point out what was wrong or what they didn't correct.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Allzwell
Wow .. I hate to see these comments.
This is my first Audi after previous S Class and BMW (Bring My Wallet) 7 & 6 series cars have all failed miserably.
I am hoping that the S8+ can be the dependable car (CPO) that I want to keep for a while.
So far the dealer has been accommodating whereas the last several dealerships (Merc. & BMW) were like a bunch of monkeys waiting for me to point out what was wrong or what they didn't correct.
Good luck AllzWell ... we had hoped same from the A8 CPO. Dealer VERY accommodating throughout the warranty - never a problem taking care of things. Night and day now with CPO just run off the clock.

Lame, shameful -- what words do you use for Audi North America who now don't even care enough to RESPOND to a complaint?

Quick Reply: MY LAST AUDI!!!