A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New S8 owner to be.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S8 owner to be.

Hello guys!

Placed an order for a 2016 S8 2 weeks ago. Car is due sometime in May.

Had much indecision on the exterior colour choice and ended up going for Mythos Black with Black interior.

Now as time goes by I'm unsure if I've made the correct colour choice due to Black cars being so difficult to keep clean.

I am going for the stealth look hence the Black on Black with tinted windows, but I've found it hard to see decent pictures of the other available colours.

Could anyone direct me to a resource which shows examples of S8s in the available colours?

I'm sure I've made a good choice but just need some reassurance!

Thanks in advance.

Daz
Old 01-24-2016, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You CANNOT go wrong with black on black! especially with tinted windows and hopefully, not sure if it's was an option, the blacked out chrome around the windows, etc. very stealth! Only other color I like is White with everything blacked out. Well, I wouldn't get black wheels personally just because it's too much for me. congrats! you'll be thrilled with it
Old 01-24-2016, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Daz,

Congrats on your purchase. Your color combo will be a very nice combination. Yes, it will require a little more effort to keep it looking 100 percent, but there are paint treatments that can help with keeping black looking better for longer periods.

Not sure about where you live and the dealer in your area but our dealer will wash your car anytime you want. You may want to check to see if your dealer has that kind of service. And of course that they do a good job.

Frybear,

My first choice, and what I would have ordered had I not bought used, would have been Glacier White. And now that you can order the cars with the trim blacked out it makes it all the more desirable. Like you, I am not a big fan of black wheels, but there are a number of grey and titanium wheels that would look very nice on a white car.

Let's face it, anything but hub caps would look good on our cars. Well, except those teddy bear wheels from a decade or two back :-)

Last edited by andrewmr; 01-24-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Black on Black

I just took delivery of a '16 Mythos Black with black leather and alcantara. It looks great. IMO, the black alcantara looks much better than the gray with that combo.

The only color combo I prefer to that is Daytona Gray (which is an S8 color) and black interior with carbon/aluminum. But hey, they all look fantastic. I'm sure you're going to love it.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy31
I just took delivery of a '16 Mythos Black with black leather and alcantara. It looks great. IMO, the black alcantara looks much better than the gray with that combo.

The only color combo I prefer to that is Daytona Gray (which is an S8 color) and black interior with carbon/aluminum. But hey, they all look fantastic. I'm sure you're going to love it.
Thanks for the replies. I've went for the Black alcantara also.

I have a detailer who'll put a ceramic coating on my car once received and I generally get him to wash my cars so hopefully it won't be too difficult to keep looking good.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Ahhh, black interior with black alcantara headliner...A great look, but I'm biased.
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Ahhh, black interior with black alcantara headliner...A great look, but I'm biased.
Agreed. That looks excellent.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy31
That's the exact combination that I have (with the black alcantara headliner) and I think it looks sportier than the various blacks that are available. I also have the titanium 5 rotor wheels that match the gray almost exactly and look very good as well. I had a '14 S8 before my '16 and it was silver with the same black/carbon/aluminum interior, but I like the Daytona Gray even better.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HouTexAudi
That's the exact combination that I have (with the black alcantara headliner) and I think it looks sportier than the various blacks that are available. I also have the titanium 5 rotor wheels that match the gray almost exactly and look very good as well. I had a '14 S8 before my '16 and it was silver with the same black/carbon/aluminum interior, but I like the Daytona Gray even better.
In my local dealership, over 50% of the cars were Daytona Grey. That coupled with the fact my director has a Daytona Grey A6 means its a no go for me even though I do love the colour.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DazC
In my local dealership, over 50% of the cars were Daytona Grey. That coupled with the fact my director has a Daytona Grey A6 means its a no go for me even though I do love the colour.
Yes, it has gotten to be one of Audi's more popular colors since it's less exclusive now that they've made it available to more of their lines, but there's a reason for that--it's one of the most beautiful metallic grays that I've ever seen, especially out in the sun. Around my neck of the woods I see way too many black cars, so I try and stay away from that. Also, some metallic blacks tend to look dusty even when they're clean--whenever I do get a black car I always get gloss, not metallic.

Quick Reply: New S8 owner to be.