Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

New Safety Recall notice - Fuel Pressure Damper

A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017

New Safety Recall notice - Fuel Pressure Damper

 
Old 02-27-2019, 04:39 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
dwboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 393
Default New Safety Recall notice - Fuel Pressure Damper

Received a safety recall notice in the mail from AoA today for my 2015 A8. NHTSA number is 19V057. Recall affects 2013-2016 model year S8 and A8 vehicles.

Issue is that the fuel supply line for the high pressure fuel pump may become porous, which can result in fuel odor or fuel leak, which could cause a fire.

Dealer will install a fuel damper in the low pressure fuel supply located inside the gas tank.

Audi says to contact the dealer "without delay" to schedule the recall repair. They must think it's very serious. Maybe the dealer can do the recall while my car is there right now for the turbocharger failure.
dwboston is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 04:54 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
spdemon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 103
Default

Yeah, just received my letter. I was at dealer yesterday to schedule the other recall for the fuel line and they told me about this one which just came out. They said they already have the parts. I am scheduled to take the car in on Tuesday next week to get it done. Audi is forced to handle the fuel related issues and airbags as recalls. No love though for turbos blowing due to their stupid restrictive oil screen design.
spdemon91 is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:21 PM
  #3  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
Received a safety recall notice in the mail from AoA today for my 2015 A8. NHTSA number is 19V057. Recall affects 2013-2016 model year S8 and A8 vehicles.

Issue is that the fuel supply line for the high pressure fuel pump may become porous, which can result in fuel odor or fuel leak, which could cause a fire.

Dealer will install a fuel damper in the low pressure fuel supply located inside the gas tank.

Audi says to contact the dealer "without delay" to schedule the recall repair. They must think it's very serious. Maybe the dealer can do the recall while my car is there right now for the turbocharger failure.
Received the letter yesterday. Dealer will handle the recall while it's in for the 35k service in the near future. They told me to make sure that the gas tank is 1/2 full or lower when I bring it in.
actuary67 is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 06:07 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
spdemon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by actuary67 View Post
Received the letter yesterday. Dealer will handle the recall while it's in for the 35k service in the near future. They told me to make sure that the gas tank is 1/2 full or lower when I bring it in.
Interesting. Dealer didn't say anything about that to me. I guess this would mean that they need to drop the fuel tank to access the part?
spdemon91 is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 06:26 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
dwboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 393
Default

Originally Posted by spdemon91 View Post
Interesting. Dealer didn't say anything about that to me. I guess this would mean that they need to drop the fuel tank to access the part?
It's in the letter - it actually says less than 1/4 tank of fuel.
dwboston is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 07:19 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
spdemon91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 103
Default

Thanks. Good to know. Never read the letter since the dealer told me about before I got it. Probably should read the letter.
spdemon91 is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
dwboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 393
Default

The dealer was able to do the recall while my car is there for the failed turbos.
dwboston is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 07:19 AM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
bravo659's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Rockaway Beach
Posts: 327
Default

Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
Received a safety recall notice in the mail from AoA today for my 2015 A8. NHTSA number is 19V057. Recall affects 2013-2016 model year S8 and A8 vehicles.

Issue is that the fuel supply line for the high pressure fuel pump may become porous, which can result in fuel odor or fuel leak, which could cause a fire.

Dealer will install a fuel damper in the low pressure fuel supply located inside the gas tank.

Audi says to contact the dealer "without delay" to schedule the recall repair. They must think it's very serious. Maybe the dealer can do the recall while my car is there right now for the turbocharger failure.
I got my letter the other day.
Audi is replacing fuel rails on my 2015 A8.
Maybe every recall is different because my letter only says fuel rails no damper or anything in the gas tank.
bravo659 is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 07:37 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
Gary Knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Chester PA
Posts: 154
Default

From the OP, it appears this is for all A and S8's. Is that true? I haven't received any info, but I'm 2nd owner. But, I submitted the change of ownership card to Audi in July 2018. Ours is a 2013 A8 (base) with the 3.0T engine and 30K miles. 35 K service will be some time in late spring or early summer.

Thanks for the heads up.

Gary
Gary Knox is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 10:32 AM
  #10  
AudiWorld Member
 
bravo659's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Rockaway Beach
Posts: 327
Default

Originally Posted by Gary Knox View Post
From the OP, it appears this is for all A and S8's. Is that true? I haven't received any info, but I'm 2nd owner. But, I submitted the change of ownership card to Audi in July 2018. Ours is a 2013 A8 (base) with the 3.0T engine and 30K miles. 35 K service will be some time in late spring or early summer.

Thanks for the heads up.

Gary
hi Gary the recalls are for 2015-2018 A8 S8.
you may want to look up your model year for any recalls.
http://web.audiusa.com/recall/
bravo659 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Safety Recall notice - Fuel Pressure Damper


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: