AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   New Safety Recall notice - Fuel Pressure Damper (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/new-safety-recall-notice-fuel-pressure-damper-2967976/)

MP4.2+6.0 07-18-2019 07:16 AM

Mine was done literally two days ago, by my normal servicing dealer. Likewise it was done as part of a regular (35K) service. When I called in for the appt, I identified it on my list of to do's alongside the normal service. They confirmed they had one remaining part set on hand at that time. The service advisor did want me to come in promptly, which seemed to reflect the availability point.

So, did you identify the work ahead of time with them and did anyone check on the part set? Or, did you really just assume and then head in? While there may indeed be a local supply issue, it seems to me the issue likely starts with your local dealer and the appt. set up. That should be addressed w/ them.

Maybe you want to call the 800 Audi number and get to the A8 concerierge type? Maybe another dealer has the parts like mine did, and they can be transferred?

bravo659 07-22-2019 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by drwdds (Post 25343957)
Made a service appointment with Audi Tulsa to have oil change and fuel rail issue taken care of. Upon arrival, was told that parts were backordered and would be unavailable for quite a while due to large backlog. Don't know if this really is the case, or just the local dealer blowing smoke. At any rate, issue is not being well-handled by Audi....very disappointing for a brand that up until now has had a good reputation.

I would be disappointed too.
The issue with the fuel rails the dealers should of had the parts due to the recall Audi sent out to the customers.

anglertoo 07-29-2019 03:53 PM

Fuel pressure damper recall done last August on my A8L 4.0.
Ever since, the fuel gauge shows less than a full tank (3/4 full) that corrects itself over a week or so. The miles to empty range indicated is
correspondingly inaccurate and also corrects over a few days.
I've been waiting for it to self cure. But no luck so far.

Just me, or am I missing something? A dealer tweak?

AugustHorch 07-29-2019 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by anglertoo (Post 25348381)
Fuel pressure damper recall done last August on my A8L 4.0.
Ever since, the fuel gauge shows less than a full tank (3/4 full) that corrects itself over a week or so. The miles to empty range indicated is
correspondingly inaccurate and also corrects over a few days.
I've been waiting for it to self cure. But no luck so far.

Just me, or am I missing something? A dealer tweak?

The recall didn't apply to my '17 MY - but I did have the same fuel misreading issue and it turned out to be faulty sensor that needed replacing. There is also a TSB associated with it.