A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

I noticed that Tire Rack is selling the Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season) tires for $900.00 per set in size 265/40R20 which of course is the exact size for my 2011 Audi A8L with the 20 inch tire option. I am glad to finally see an All Season tire in this size as it is getting close to the time that I need to replace my original equipment Pirelli P Zero (Max Performance Summer) which sell at Tire Rack for $2,020.00 per set which obviously is quite a bit more. My questions are as follows:

Has anyone had experience with the Pirelli All Season tire and if so how do you like them? Are they quiet?

Am I making a mistake not having a higher performance tire on this car? I do not drive the car ever at high speeds nor drive the car like a sports car. In other words I drive the car quite easily rarely getting on it and normally turning corners at safe speeds.

I live in Northern California near San Francisco so snow and ice are not issues.

As always your thoughs are appreciated.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 159515100
I noticed that Tire Rack is selling the Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season) tires for $900.00 per set in size 265/40R20 which of course is the exact size for my 2011 Audi A8L with the 20 inch tire option. I am glad to finally see an All Season tire in this size as it is getting close to the time that I need to replace my original equipment Pirelli P Zero (Max Performance Summer) which sell at Tire Rack for $2,020.00 per set which obviously is quite a bit more. My questions are as follows:

Has anyone had experience with the Pirelli All Season tire and if so how do you like them? Are they quiet?

Am I making a mistake not having a higher performance tire on this car? I do not drive the car ever at high speeds nor drive the car like a sports car. In other words I drive the car quite easily rarely getting on it and normally turning corners at safe speeds.

I live in Northern California near San Francisco so snow and ice are not issues.

I have a new 2013 A8 3.0 w the Pirelli's and they are very loud and NOT a smooth ride. My guess is they will wear out in appox 15,000 miles.

Initially, I thought I had "cupping" issues.

good luck

S
Old 07-07-2012, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by reddog1113
I have a new 2013 A8 3.0 w the Pirelli's and they are very loud and NOT a smooth ride.
I have never, and will not, own these tires due to similar review all over AudiWorld.
Suggest a global AW search on them to see what others have to say.

Unfortunately there are a whopping four choices for our vehicles in that size.
My A8L came with the Eagle F1 Asymmetric and my opinion is the manufacturer left an "s" out of the name.

The ContiSportContact 3 will be my next tire as it appears to be the lesser of four evils.
The tread pattern is similar to the Conti DW, which I loved, so that gives me hope.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 159515100

I have the Continental Sport Contact 3 in the 20 inch and am impressed with how quiet they are and far better grip than the original GoodYears. All the reviews I've read regarding Pirelli have been less than inspiring. I had a set installed at the dealership recently for less than $1500. In your climate I think you'll be pleased with the Continentals.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DRCHA6
I have the Continental Sport Contact 3 in the 20 inch and am impressed with how quiet they are and far better grip than the original GoodYears.
Thank you thank you thank you for that information.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My a8 came with pirelli p zero's are i think they are over rated.
They have considerable road noise and while they are performance oriented, i hardly get the chance to take a fast corner. I am looking forward to changing to continentals to get a quiter smoother ride...will be checking out tire rack soon.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

As I finally had no choice but to replace my tires I finally elected to simply go with the Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season) tires and have had them now for about a month. I must say that they have been excellent tires, quiet and smooth and an excellent value compared to the summer tire options. Although I generally don't take corners at excessive speeds, I have noticed no issues with the handling of the car in any fashion. So far I am very happy with my choice.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Pangers
My a8 came with pirelli p zero's are i think they are over rated.
They have considerable road noise and while they are performance oriented, i hardly get the chance to take a fast corner. I am looking forward to changing to continentals to get a quiter smoother ride...will be checking out tire rack soon.
My 2013 A8L came with the Firestone LS-2. made in germany and reviews from Tirerack gave it a VERY bad review. Ironically this is also the same tire that came with my 2012 Porsche Cayenne S which seem to be just fine.

Does anyone have any experience with these tires on their A8?