AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   placement of jack stands (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/placement-jack-stands-2850736/)

blsching 07-16-2013 05:41 PM

placement of jack stands

Would appreciate advice where to place jack stands property on all four corners.

blsching 07-16-2013 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by blsching (Post 24466274)
Would appreciate advice where to place jack stands property on all four corners.

sorry, I meant properly.

blsching 07-20-2013 09:23 AM

Still waiting for some helpful comments. Where to place a jack stand after jacking up the car with the jack provided by Audi?

jakematic 07-20-2013 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by blsching (Post 24467387)
Where to place a jack stand after jacking up the car with the jack provided by Audi?

Since the model is still fairly new, I doubt many people have done this yet - hence the lack of response.

My only advice would be to look in the manual or the erWin guides.

blsching 07-20-2013 02:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jakematic (Post 24467455)
Since the model is still fairly new, I doubt many people have done this yet - hence the lack of response.
My only advice would be to look in the manual or the erWin guides.

I have tried and asked a service advisor. (He said "against the control aren.") But it is hard to tell for this car.

DeerHunter 07-20-2013 08:27 PM

^ He probably means at the junction of the control arm and the shock/air spring assembly. There's usually a solid area there that will easily hold the weight of the car.

jakematic 07-21-2013 06:12 AM

Looked through all of the erWin guides this morning and this is the only reference:

• Place jack stands only at locations specified by manufacturer.
The vehicle lifting jack supplied with the vehicle is intended for tire changes only.
Use a heavy duty floor jack to lift the vehicle before installing jack stands.
The only additional information was a diagram showing the lifting points.
Fat lot of help that is- they must figure it will always go on a hoist at the dealership...

blsching 07-26-2013 03:39 PM

i took a peek of the underside of the car. It it difficult to make out what to do; most of it is covered up.

I will visit the dealer and see what I can learn. I always place a jack stand, in addition to the jack provided by the mfr, under the car when I need to change tires.

Boostedws6 07-28-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by blsching (Post 24469576)
i took a peek of the underside of the car. It it difficult to make out what to do; most of it is covered up.

I will visit the dealer and see what I can learn. I always place a jack stand, in addition to the jack provided by the mfr, under the car when I need to change tires.

I can only speak for the A7. There are plastic cylinder cups that the jack plugs into. The cylinder cups on the undercarriage are recessed to allow the jack to properly seat.

Don't know if this helps. Take a look under the car, it may be the same.

blsching 07-28-2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Boostedws6 (Post 24470166)
I can only speak for the A7. There are plastic cylinder cups that the jack plugs into. The cylinder cups on the undercarriage are recessed to allow the jack to properly seat.

Don't know if this helps. Take a look under the car, it may be the same.

Thanks. But I am looking to placing a jack stand other than or in additional to the jack supplied by Audi which fits into the plastic cylinder cups.