A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential 2013 A8 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Potential 2013 A8 purchase

Looking at an 2013 A8 and looking for any advise prior to purchase. I am trying to firm up a 2 yr warranty in the deal. The car has 58000 kilometers on it which is around 35000 miles. It has a clean carfax and seems to be a solid car. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-03-2019, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perky - depending on engine (3.0, 4.0. TDI) there are a whole series of posts on the board detailing what to look into. Suggest you check those out first as it will give you a good sense as to what questions to ask!

Good luck - I picked up a '15 4.0T last month and am enjoying every moment behind the wheel
Old 04-03-2019, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks. It is a short wheel base 4 liter. I am not used to the forum yet but thanks for the feedback. I am excited about the car. I am getting closer to a warranty with Audi.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here's my original post from February...didn't go with the '13 model, ended up with a '15 mainly due to vibration.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-4-0t-2967046/

On the warranty check out alternatives, I got mine through my credit union in the US and it was significantly cheaper than Audi

Good luck!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am looking at The TDI now. Any hints on getting to a forum on it. Years 13,14,15 I think. I want to find out the issues around the VW emmisions scandle and how it effects purchasing the used cars. Any help would be great.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well I finally bought my car. I bought a 2014 TDI with 43000 kilometers on it. I bought it in Winnipeg Manatoba from the Audi dealer there and they treated me great. My wife and I then drove back to Calgary(12 hrs). We stopped for fuel only because I couldn’t believe the range. I drove 129 km/ hr and the rpm never went over 16-1700. I love the car and am glad I got the diesel.
The following users liked this post:
Brame1 (09-10-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just bought a 2013 and had the same questions about a warranty. In the end, I decided not to purchase the extended warranty and to instead simply keep that money aside in case it was needed. I bought a 5 series one time just out of warranty and got an extended warranty on it. That thing was in the shop every month for something else and it was never covered on my extended warranty. I finally sold that 5 series for a loss and was just as excited to see it go as I was when I bought it. I didn't want to invest into something just hoping that if something went wrong it would be covered. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I ended up buying a 2014 TDI and love the car. I am always looking for excuses to drive it. The mileage is crazy good. The only thing that I have noticed is a bit of a stutter sometimes when when you start out from a stop. It is noticeable but not significant . Anyone know what causes this.
also, I have turned off the auto start/stop feature. I have done some research on this and the fuel savings do not amount to much compared to the wear and tear from the engine starting and stoping.
I love the MMI. I find it very intuitive and operates very well once you get familiar with it.
I would still like to put a tow hitch on it but have not had any luck finding one. I have a small ski boat I would like to tow at some point.
Love my Audi.
Perky
The following users liked this post:
Brame1 (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Perky
I ended up buying a 2014 TDI and love the car. I am always looking for excuses to drive it. The mileage is crazy good. The only thing that I have noticed is a bit of a stutter sometimes when when you start out from a stop. It is noticeable but not significant . Anyone know what causes this.
also, I have turned off the auto start/stop feature. I have done some research on this and the fuel savings do not amount to much compared to the wear and tear from the engine starting and stoping.
I love the MMI. I find it very intuitive and operates very well once you get familiar with it.
I would still like to put a tow hitch on it but have not had any luck finding one. I have a small ski boat I would like to tow at some point.
Love my Audi.
Perky
I have 2014 TDI AL and when running stock tune I sometimes have the stutter you mention, usually when the car is not fully warm. I did add a Malone Stage 2 tune to my car and the stutter is gone and the performance is up considerably. Yes, a tune such as this voids a warranty. I am willing to take any risks as I believe the risks are low that the car fails in the warranty period and the increase in power is awesome.

Congrats on your purchase. I have had mine since May 2017 and absolutely love it. Purchased it with 33,500 miles on it and am at about 48,000 miles now.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just just had this new Recall done. Anyway, all went well. They do a software update as well. The car seems to be running better. Less stuttering and less lag when accelerating.

[img]blob:https://www.audiworld.com/7c68ce15-5858-4dd1-a5d8-3a35bf38f272[/img]

Quick Reply: Potential 2013 A8 purchase