AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   Remove/Replace Cargo Cover Handle (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/remove-replace-cargo-cover-handle-2941044/)

joryusa 01-16-2018 08:26 AM

Remove/Replace Cargo Cover Handle
 

2012 A8 Trunk board handle pin has come out on one side after bumper replacement. How do I remove and repair or replace handle? ( it holds the trunk board up when removing the spare tire)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...482a5e73c9.jpg


Moggles 04-23-2018 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by joryusa (Post 25096990)

2012 A8 Trunk board handle pin has come out on one side after bumper replacement. How do I remove and repair or replace handle? ( it holds the trunk board up when removing the spare tire)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...482a5e73c9.jpg


I have to do the same thing...did you figure it out?

joryusa 04-23-2018 10:48 AM

Unfortunately, no.

Originally Posted by Moggles (Post 25142391)
I have to do the same thing...did you figure it out?


Gangle32 04-14-2019 02:11 PM

Any results?
 
My handle broke so I bought a new one but cannot figure out how to remove the original handle. It's really on there... Any chance someone has figured this out in the past year?

Moggles 04-14-2019 03:06 PM

I did manage to figure it out last year...

This is my reply to my post on another forum.
when I ordered the part the back frame was not part of the order so I had to remove it without breaking the back frame.
i used snips to remove the edges from the top and pushed it through. Then I used a screwdriver to carefully separate unclip the back frame from the broken part.
It took a while lol
Then the new part snapped together :)




https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...2f4a502661.png

Gangle32 04-14-2019 03:15 PM

Ok thank you I'll give that a try! Weird that you have to destroy the original part to get it out...

joryusa 04-14-2019 04:26 PM

remove-replace-cargo cover handle
 
THANKS!

Originally Posted by Moggles (Post 25303453)
I did manage to figure it out last year...

This is my reply to my post on another forum.
when I ordered the part the back frame was not part of the order so I had to remove it without breaking the back frame.
i used snips to remove the edges from the top and pushed it through. Then I used a screwdriver to carefully separate unclip the back frame from the broken part.
It took a while lol
Then the new part snapped together :)




https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...2f4a502661.png


Gangle32 04-14-2019 04:31 PM

I was able to fix mine! Just used a screwdriver to pry the inside part out without even cutting the assembly out first. It was very difficult because you need a thin but sturdy screwdriver and the part is clipped all the way around. Jam the screwdriver in as far as it'll go otherwise you'll just chip the back retainer which I did. Once I got one side mostly out I hit it with the back end of the screwdriver and was able to pop it out.

Moggles 04-15-2019 02:32 AM

Thatís great! That was way too much trouble for something I may never even use...
I couldnít get mine to unclip so thatís why I cut the edges off!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:21 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands