A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S8 Driver Assist - ACC/Side Assist/Lane Assist

Old 06-12-2013, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

geordie, I would also credit the dealer for stepping up to the plate as well. Very likely they might have played a part in this snafu but having owned numerous vehicles of all brands and nationalities over the last 68 years, I can say the dealer can make all the difference in an ownership experience. Our new A8L is my 3rd Audi and it was my experience with their service on our Porsche that prompted us to buy from them. They have been awarded Audi's Magna Elite status 4 years in a row and I can see why. The first 2 experiences were not so good but that was in the 80's.

Again, kudos to Audi, your dealer and to you for the way you handled this difficult situation. Here's wishing you many miles and smiles in your S8 (both of them)!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The upside of this situation is that you get a car to really take to the limit and then you swap it for your real car. I'd consider driving it at the redline all of the way to to work one day and see how long it takes to wipe that smile off of your face.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by navin in KC
The upside of this situation is that you get a car to really take to the limit and then you swap it for your real car. I'd consider driving it at the redline all of the way to to work one day and see how long it takes to wipe that smile off of your face.
So true.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by geordie
Yes, when the new one arrives I bring this one in, they swap the cars and Audi takes care of any paperwork - apparently. The new one is already scheduled in production and Audi are trying to pull the build date forward a week or so.
I'm impressed! Audi is doing the right thing for you and I'm sure all of us who read this forum are pleased that you weren't presented with some kind of less-than-desirable compromise. Other than the delay in getting the vehicle you originally ordered, this looks like it will work out well for you. Congratulations!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, when the new one arrives I bring this one in, they swap the cars and Audi takes care of any paperwork - apparently. The new one is already scheduled in production and Audi are trying to pull the build date forward a week or so.
And your new one will be a 2014. That makes a big difference this late in the model year.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

BigBoy11, I do credit the dealer and I have checked, they had little part in creating the issue though they could have caught it early. They did receive the car in April so they were very embarrassed and I think they worked super hard to fix things. I do also have an RS5 cabrio on order with them so ...
Nevertheless, again, they stepped up and so far it looks as though the issue will be resolved.
I collected the order guide and order sheet yesterday to ensure all was well. Again, to their credit, they almost pleaded that I come in and review the order sheet as 014 features and options are subtly different from 013 and getting the same car was not "cut and paste"
Old 06-13-2013, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It will indeed be a 2014
Old 06-13-2013, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Driving >200 miles today. Fun is intended!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

BigBoy11, I do credit the dealer and I have checked, they had little part in creating the issue though they could have caught it early. They did receive the car in April so they were very embarrassed and I think they worked super hard to fix things. I do also have an RS5 cabrio on order with them so ...
Nevertheless, again, they stepped up and so far it looks as though the issue will be resolved.
I collected the order guide and order sheet yesterday to ensure all was well. Again, to their credit, they almost pleaded that I come in and review the order sheet as 014 features and options are subtly different from 013 and getting the same car was not "cut and paste"
Certainly a unique Audi experience! Really glad everying is working out so well for you!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Update:
2014 S8 was delivered to the dealer last week and I collected it on Saturday.
The exchange process involved driving the "old" car to the dealer, signing 3 pieces of paper that transferred title, dealt with the plates, agreed the odometer on the new car and released Audi, hand over the keys and the manual, swap out SIMs and off I went in a new 2014 S8 this time matching the order that I had placed.
Audi of America stayed in touch the whole way through communicating VIN numbers.
The error should never have happened but in my opinion they handled it very well.
All is well that ends well as they say

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S8 Driver Assist - ACC/Side Assist/Lane Assist