AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   Sirius Presets Dropping (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/sirius-presets-dropping-2964692/)

jahummel 12-29-2018 05:38 AM

Sirius Presets Dropping

My car has been dropping Sirius presets almost every time the radio does an update. It has been updating quite often during the past month and I assume it is for the holiday channels. The volume control on the MMI and steering wheel are also inop when this happens. I can get the volume control back after the MMI resets on a fresh car start. Snooping around, I found TSB A9118992051527, and from the general description, addresses this problem. I will be getting a service done in a couple of weeks and will have them address this concern. Anyone else having this issue?? Happy New Year to all of you.

dgbaudiphile 12-29-2018 07:19 AM

I have the same issue. Every month or so I’m reprogramming my SiriusXM presents. It’s to the point that I only preset five or six anymore. Drives me crazy. Now that I retro-fitted Apple CarPlay, I have some consideration to drop the car subscription and leverage the streaming option only - you get more channels and no risk of dropping your favorites.

The functionality is different and not quite as efficient however. I’m going to wait it out a few months to see if I get accustomed to it. First world problem.

Thanks for looking this up - I will check it out.

Mike911A8 12-29-2018 10:26 AM

I also have been loosing Sirius presets when there is a reset of stations. please pass on the result of the service visit addressing TSB. Mike

jahummel 12-29-2018 11:30 AM

I most certainly will

Kelzo 12-31-2018 03:55 AM

Same here just happened over the weekend. It kept the first 2 stations and lost my precious Howard Stern bookmark :D

derfA8L 12-31-2018 07:52 AM

Yeah, it’s been happening on my car also. Like every other day. Sometimes the presets drop, last time was yesterday (3rd time in 2 weeks), but luckily held the presets this time. Have also had the Sirius volume control unavailable condition cropping up with some frequency. Will have addressed in next couple of weeks.

Billaeon::FATS (2.0) 12-31-2018 10:39 AM

::subscribed, hoping for a solution::

+1 - for both the dropping presets issue and the volume control unavailable issue - both have been happening more frequently lately.

Originally Posted by derfA8L (Post 25255129)
Will have addressed in next couple of weeks.

Are you having the same TSB applied the OP mentioned?

derfA8L 12-31-2018 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Billaeon::FATS (2.0) (Post 25255216)
::subscribed, hoping for a solution::
Are you having the same TSB applied the OP mentioned?

Will provide it to my SA when I call for appointment this week.

ttboost 12-31-2018 05:57 PM

While I haven't been dropping stations, I do have an annoying trait. If my car sits in the garage for more than a few days, which it does from time to time, Sirius has to do an update every time I drive it...which could take a fw miles...yes..I said a few miles....like I said..annoying...

Allzwell 01-01-2019 01:16 PM

I've had the "Currently unavailable" message on the volume control since I've had the car. Roughly half of the time it loses the presets also. My local dealer claims they have not seen this before and don't know what to do. It happens fairly frequently and has me pretty disappointed in my first Audi