A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone talk sense into me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Someone talk sense into me...

Currently driving a 2013 A8L 4.0T well optioned with APR. Warranty is good for another 2 years / 50K miles. The vehicle costs me nothing to drive at this point.

I feel like I'm about to do one of those things where I get another car for the sake of getting 'another' car. I'm looking into S8 (although this may not be the best year to get any D4), almost fell into an RS7, but it had no cooled seats so didn't take it. There's something deep in my mind telling me to get back into a V8TT AMG with Renntech. Any of these options will result in a loan, taxes, registration, insurance adjustment, stupid dealership fees, and modding expenses that will start right over again. Not to mention all the headache of unloading the current car and rims.

Need you guys to tell me I'm irrational and that I need to stop looking at cars and get back to school and work...

Last edited by DirtyVegasTT; 10-13-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

You're dumb, stop looking at cars, get back to school and work.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah, you only live once. Get what you like and want. I'd say go shopping and sell me the 4.0T at a big move fast discount
Old 10-11-2016, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think you are in good position, you don't really 'need' another car, so you can shop around for the perfect one, take no bs and get them to give you price that you want or think is good.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT

Need you guys to tell me I'm retarded ..
There are a number of people on this forum with mentally disabled kids
Old 10-13-2016, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were you I'd stick to the school and work for now. Save up and get a true sports car like an R8, lambo, or ferrari.

Better yet, take that money and get a house. Cars depreciate where a house will only rise in value. There's no bank rate of return that can match the inflation of property.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Cars are the single worst investment there is if you're looking for some kind of positive return With the exception of RV travel trailers.
That is unless you want to fog the motor , put on blocks and hold for 30-40 + years. What fun is that? My philosophy is buy one out right 3-5 years old at a great deal, drive for 5-10 years. You'll still loose money, but not that much considering all the enjoyment you'll get from driving it.
I think you have a few years to go with what you have, and by then, the newer cars will have changed tremendously in style, performance and technology being the biggest leap.
Save your money and enjoy one of the best cars on the road for now.
That's IMHO !

Last edited by Garycw; 10-13-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Garycw
Cars are the single worst investment there is if you're looking for some kind of positive return With the exception of TV travel trailers.
That is unless you want to fog the motor , put on blocks and hold for 30-40 + years. What fun is that? My philosophy is buy one out right 3-5 years old at a great deal, drive for 5-10 years. You'll still loose money, but not that much considering all the enjoyment you'll get from driving it.
I think you have a few years to go with what you have, and by then, the newer cars will have changed tremendously in style, performance and technology being the biggest leap.
That's IMHO !
+1
Old 10-13-2016, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
You're dumb, stop looking at cars, get back to school and work.
Thanks Jack. That's what I needed!

Nah, you only live once. Get what you like and want. I'd say go shopping and sell me the 4.0T at a big move fast discount
No!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
There are a number of people on this forum with mentally disabled kids
Noted and original post amended.

Originally Posted by triniexr
If I were you I'd stick to the school and work for now. Save up and get a true sports car like an R8, lambo, or ferrari.
Better yet, take that money and get a house. Cars depreciate where a house will only rise in value. There's no bank rate of return that can match the inflation of property.
I have a semi-custom primary residence with multiple investment properties. However, what I need for my primary backyard is a pool to do laps in and an outdoor kitchen!

That's IMHO !
That's it! Perfect. Thank you.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
I have a semi-custom primary residence with multiple investment properties. However, what I need for my primary backyard is a pool to do laps in and an outdoor kitchen!
There ya go.... a small investment like that would increase the value of the property dramatically. Do that instead and keep what you have.

Quick Reply: Someone talk sense into me...