A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Spark plugs

Hey all. I just ordered some new spark plugs, the new rs7 ones to be exact as the old plugs part # was replaced by this new part number. My question is, has anyone here done their own plugs on the 4.0T engine? If so how hard was it and also is the coil puller required or you could pull out the coils by hand like every other car?
Old 08-19-2017, 07:04 AM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tip, check hoses to wastegates after you are finished.

It takes nearly zero effort to remove the hose, and it is hidden from view. It may look connected inside the shrouded pipe and not be. I'm not the first one to have low boost codes after a mechanic finished the plug change. Removing coils can put pressure on the nearby line and it pops off but stays inside the inverted plastic pipe on the actuator. Check for kinks too while you're there, since the non rubber portion in between the two rubber hoses is prone to kinking in this same line.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by L0U
It takes nearly zero effort to remove the hose, and it is hidden from view. It may look connected inside the shrouded pipe and not be. I'm not the first one to have low boost codes after a mechanic finished the plug change. Removing coils can put pressure on the nearby line and it pops off but stays inside the inverted plastic pipe on the actuator. Check for kinks too while you're there, since the non rubber portion in between the two rubber hoses is prone to kinking in this same line.
I will keep that in mind thank you. I'm still waiting for the order to be made ready for pickup by the dealer. Audi of brooklyn seems to take forever when it comes to online orders, even with something so common as spark plugs which they should definitely stock.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever complete the plug change yourself? How difficult was it? Any guides out there or information that would help me?

Last edited by mdloops; 01-28-2018 at 08:12 AM.