A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Warning

I've got a 2015 A8 with 8,000 miles on it. Once when it was a month or so old and again now about 5 months later my Tire pressure warning light has come on. Both times I checked the pressure, it was fine and both times I reset and stored the current pressure as the correct amount. Last week it was pretty warm and I was driving pretty aggressively, but I didn't think this should cause the issue.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2016, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

What pressure did you reset the the TPMS to? If its cold outside and the tire hasn't been filled with air in about 5 months, uou need to check the pressure 1x every 1-2 months. Tires loose 1 PSI every month and goes down 1 PSI for every 10 degrees drop in temperature. Its fall and most places in the USA you have to put extra air in the tires as the temperatures are getting cold. I never ever had TPMS light come on my A8 except for a deflated tire due to puncture. Keep checking your tire pressure. Keep it at 35 PSI front and rear COLD.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
What pressure did you reset the the TPMS to? If its cold outside and the tire hasn't been filled with air in about 5 months, uou need to check the pressure 1x every 1-2 months. Tires loose 1 PSI every month and goes down 1 PSI for every 10 degrees drop in temperature. Its fall and most places in the USA you have to put extra air in the tires as the temperatures are getting cold. I never ever had TPMS light come on my A8 except for a deflated tire due to puncture. Keep checking your tire pressure. Keep it at 35 PSI front and rear COLD.
The recommended for my car is 38, I run all at 39 (cold). As mentioned above I checked the pressure after I got the warning light and the pressure was fine. I'm wondering if others have got the TPMS light coming on without having a pressure problem. Also it didn't warn me about a single tire which I also thought was weird.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drdarell
The recommended for my car is 38, I run all at 39 (cold). As mentioned above I checked the pressure after I got the warning light and the pressure was fine. I'm wondering if others have got the TPMS light coming on without having a pressure problem. Also it didn't warn me about a single tire which I also thought was weird.

Thanks.
This is normal. I am really disappointed by this in such a high end car. The system doesn't read individual tires, it just tells you that the tire pressures are low.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Actually, my car does tell me which tire is low such as left rear or right front etc unless all 4 are low due to cold temps and not putting extra air in tire which rarely happens to me.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The modern system doesn't actually monitor pressure. It counts tire revolutions an makes a calculation from that data to determine if a tire is low. Personally I prefer to be able to see the pressures like the old system. But I understand why they did it.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

hm...mine has never come on in the year I've had the car and unless the dealer has checked the pressure when the car was in for service, I've never added air. Probably should check...
Old 10-06-2016, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The dealer should be checking pressures when the car is in for service. Having said that when i finally got my car back the tires looked low so I checked and they were all at different pressures varying from 5lbs low to 11lbs low. But maybe your dealer is better than mine.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

I think dealers pretty routinely pretend to do all the checklist stuff, but really don't. My Q5 has the snow screen intake cleaning for example. When i checked, dirty as ever. One of many misses over the years. You don't get what you pay for unfortunately.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Funny, when I have the dealer do my twice per year tire rotations they typically reduce the pressure all round from 39 to 36 psi. I have to then add back air to 39 psi---which is what I consider the "sweet spot" in terms of optimal ride comfort, handling and tire protection on my car (20" tires).

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Warning