A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS, Hill Assist, ACC, Suspension Level Control Error

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes, these things sort themselves out eventually most of the time. If the new battery doesn't have the code, just add one to the previous code. It only uses it as a way to tell the car it has a new battery. Otherwise the system will eventually pick up on the new capabilities of the replacement.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 580 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
Yes, these things sort themselves out eventually most of the time. If the new battery doesn't have the code, just add one to the previous code. It only uses it as a way to tell the car it has a new battery. Otherwise the system will eventually pick up on the new capabilities of the replacement.
+1. Exactly, just add one to final digit and then can use any of the aftermarket brands that you like and/or priced right. Get "biggest boy" size among choice of sizes D4 use, or at least what I try do with Audi's. Also know the D4 battery is the AGM type, rather than the older style straight lead acid wet. Variety of choices available.

BTW, also make sure you are really clearing the codes. With VCDS and especially if you have not downloaded their lastest revs. you often have to clear module by module. The auto clear function doesn't scrub all or even many of the modules like you would think/expect. Thus, when I clear, I run an auto scan of all modules, quickly hit ESC to abort it as soon as it shows summary page with the code ones in red, snap a few screen shots of the two pages or so of modules, then enter each one showing some kind of codes in red and clear them. Or, if you think you cleared all with something like the auto clear choice, briefly run the auto scan again and see if they really are gone.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 05-22-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will get the codes checked again.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

2012 A8L 4.2 w/ 72K mi
I'm recently having same batch of warnings / multi faults in rapid sequence, once or twice month. for last few months - Seems to occur when engine running while stopped: "Stabilization Program: Fault!", TPMS, "Hill Start Assist Unavailable", "ACC & Brake Guard Unavailable"..AIr Susp System Fault...... While errors are present, powertrain drives fine, maintains height on all 4 wheels, but suspension gets a bit bumpy ..... Stop, start cycle a few times and all is restored to normal.. Once I drove (w/ errors) short highway and errors eventually disappear at destination, after shift into Park
  • No recall history on Harness / Leak - Have all Audi America Svc records, assume accurate, no VIN Recall History
  • Alternator at 13.8v - 14.4v, depending on load (seems fine)
  • Battery is Audi OEM Varta (2015), resting at 12.2v tho never a starting problem,.. Getting New Bat this Monday (same exact Varta OEM / Part #: 000915105DL / 110 AH )
    • I only have OBD2 Cheap Reader - Can I install without VAG programming, get it to my Independent Audi guy a few days later?
    • If I do swap (underneath spare), do I keep a separate battery parallel on front terminals, so continuous power is maintained, no loss of programming
Any other ideas / comments?..... Thanks
Old 03-21-2020, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had the same issue with my 2012 Audi A8L. Had it diagnosed with the dealer and they told me i needed a new suspension control module. The y weregoing to charge me 2k parts and labor to fix it but i found the part online for $130 and will be replacing it myself. Hopefully this works ill give update once i complete it
Old 03-22-2020, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

For clarity, I'm only receiving the stated rapid barrage of warnings: Stabilization, TPMS, Hill Start, ACC / Brake Guard, Air Suspension........ and occasionally a P0106 after the rapid warning stream?

I'm not getting the Suspension Level Control Error, but I'm sure I'll see that somewhere down the line - Yes, post your results pls

New VARTA Battery going in..., Going to get all codes from my non-dealer Audi Mech (has VAG)....... See where this goes
Old 02-03-2022, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by pdt6974
Several months back I got an error indication a malfunction with TPMS, Hill Assist, ACC, Suspension Level Control. Took it to the dealer who said it was the battery controller. They replaced controller and the problem went away...until now. Now it is reoccurring almost daily. The engines becomes unstable and eventually it will throw a P0106 code. I replaced the mass air/barometric pressure sensor (see picture, black and green wire leading in) but the problem has not resolved. I haven't really figured out a pattern yet but wanted to check here to see if anyone has had a similar problem.
I have similar problems. Nobody can say what's wrong
Old 05-25-2022, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am having the same problem with my 2012 audi a8l. I replaced the battery. All of those error codes come on at different times. I may not have a problem for month and then it happens, however its been more frequent lately. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-25-2022, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it's worth, I had a these same error messages, suddenly popped up during my drive one day. It was actually due to a bad Mass Air Flow Sensor. My 2012 A8L w12 had two of those (not sure if that's the case with other engines), I replaced both and those warnings went away.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ok thanks for the quick reply. I will check on my MAF sensor and go from there.

Quick Reply: TPMS, Hill Assist, ACC, Suspension Level Control Error