A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh, Monday cant get here fast enough. Hurry up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by LaserSVT
Strange thing is they are still in contact with me via email. They even asked why I wrote bad reviews online. Seriously? This has been the most unusual thing I ever went through. I am being promised a check now to be over-nighted.
That is strange ... Not sure why a scammer would return funds or is it simply a delay tactic. Let the forum know what happens next and always pay the extra couple hundred $$ for the PPI on the next one
​​​​​
Old 03-19-2018, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

I just wont buy another vehicle unless I go see it in person first. I have had my dealings with PPI idiots before. One was when I lived in Maui and was moving to Texas. Sent a guy out and paid $250 to have him inspect a Fox Mustang. He said it was perfect. Car had no brakes, leaky intake, torn floor pan, crushed rad support and was not a real GT but an LX converted to a GT. No more of those guys for me.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I just wont buy another vehicle unless I go see it in person first. I have had my dealings with PPI idiots before. One was when I lived in Maui and was moving to Texas. Sent a guy out and paid $250 to have him inspect a Fox Mustang. He said it was perfect. Car had no brakes, leaky intake, torn floor pan, crushed rad support and was not a real GT but an LX converted to a GT. No more of those guys for me.
Sounds like good advice. As far as PPIs are concerned, sounds like you had some kind of shade tree mechanic do your previous one...I usually get them done direct w/a dealer and although it's not fool-proof, they would certainly be able to point out some of the things you noted...heck a simply build report would have shown the Mustang was an LX and not a GT.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was a long time ago and my first online car purchase. Since then I have bought a few hundred grand in cars online without issue. I just wont any more.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

any follow-up on this? Did they send you the check?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nope. They are now gone. I filed with FBI and reported to their bank that they were assisting in internet fraud. If the account was locked in time I may get something back. I doubt it though.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nope. They are now gone. I filed with FBI and reported to their bank that they were assisting in internet fraud. If the account was locked in time I may get something back. I doubt it though.
That sux man...sorry to hear. I think we all figured it was a delay tactic of some kind. But as you stated they were smart. They lured non-local buyers, setup a website for an actual company that had gone bankrupt and then incentivized folks to send cash "10% discount". FWIW, I've never actually seen any dealer prefer cash over other means, since they get paid the same whether from you, the bank, or other.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
That sux man...sorry to hear. I think we all figured it was a delay tactic of some kind. But as you stated they were smart. They lured non-local buyers, setup a website for an actual company that had gone bankrupt and then incentivized folks to send cash "10% discount". FWIW, I've never actually seen any dealer prefer cash over other means, since they get paid the same whether from you, the bank, or other.
What a crappy deal for you. Thanks for informing the forum, good info for all of us. Compliments to raj99, forum member making local contact for you. Good folks in this group.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry to hear this happened to you. I bought my 14 S8 long distance and flew from Des Moines to Baton Rouge to pick her up and drive her home. Almost a year sgo to the day actually. All went smooth but it was the Land Rover dealer who I was working with not some shady small time car lot . Long distance deals are part and parcel with low volume cars like the S8. Extra diligence is required and no one is to be trusted without verification.

I SINCERELY HOPE you get made whole and justice gets served to the scammers.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I had no idea about long distance purchases

Until I posted on here about my 2014 S8 buy relatively locally in Atlanta.. and a guy from New Jersey PM'd me to ask me if it was the same car he had been looking at.

Originally Posted by Return For Deposit
So sorry to hear this happened to you. I bought my 14 S8 long distance and flew from Des Moines to Baton Rouge to pick her up and drive her home. Almost a year sgo to the day actually. All went smooth but it was the Land Rover dealer who I was working with not some shady small time car lot . Long distance deals are part and parcel with low volume cars like the S8. Extra diligence is required and no one is to be trusted without verification.

I SINCERELY HOPE you get made whole and justice gets served to the scammers.

Quick Reply: Ugh, Monday cant get here fast enough. Hurry up!!!