A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh, Monday cant get here fast enough. Hurry up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Ugh, Monday cant get here fast enough. Hurry up!!!

Car is 2200 miles away and I just cant wait. Even have the tune ordered! LOL

I REALLY wanted the B&O system but more so I wanted Daytona Gray with ebony interior, carbon trim and black headliner and the 21" 5 spokes with the anthracite color. So its only missing the B&O system and I dont think the Bose in my D3 is too bad anyway. Has lane departure, active cruise, blind spot, heated wheel and all that jazz.

BTW, anyone know if my D3s iPod cable will work in the D4?

Old 02-28-2018, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts

Congrat's in advance.

You need a new cable going from D3 to D4. I know from owning both with AMI. Should be with car if seller (and prior chain of owners) are honest, though a different phone type could have been selected on D4 besides your (Lightning) iPod/iPhone. Ideally you want the one that displays album covers and all--there are generally newer versions that do, but then also others that don't. On D4 you will have bluetooth music interface too, but a cord connected device along with tracks recorded at high bit rates will sound cleaner. You will also have the SD card slots that are ultimately the cleanest; I have never bothered there given ease of just dupping a high quality underlying CD library though to an iPod (or old iPhone) w/ iTunes.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 02-28-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have an iPod nano but dont mind using SD cards. Phone may stream Pandora. I am an Android user. Only i product I have is my iPod and I only got that for the D3. LOL

Is there an SD card size limit or style? Seems I remember reading SD card issues in some Audis.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Search this site for SD CARD info, 32 will work and some report 64 works if properly formattted.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Reminds me

Of when I was waiting all week to break away from the office and test drive / buy mine last fall.. nervous it would sell as it was a great price..

Originally Posted by LaserSVT
Car is 2200 miles away and I just cant wait. Even have the tune ordered! LOL

I REALLY wanted the B&O system but more so I wanted Daytona Gray with ebony interior, carbon trim and black headliner and the 21" 5 spokes with the anthracite color. So its only missing the B&O system and I dont think the Bose in my D3 is too bad anyway. Has lane departure, active cruise, blind spot, heated wheel and all that jazz.

BTW, anyone know if my D3s iPod cable will work in the D4?

Old 03-08-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well the truck dissapeared Tuesday morning with my car. The car company has no idea where it is as he never installed a GPS system on the truck. This really ticks me off. Now I have to wait for the wire to get back and get the black one instead. Knew the Daytona Gray car was too good of a deal and was going to bite me in the ****.
The black one has double the miles, wood interior with brown seats. Its a nice car but I wanted that Gray one bad! Since they are giving me 2k more back than I paid he said I can have an identical 2015 for 9k more that only has 6000 miles but he dont wanna ship it because of this shipment. So I guess I am buying locally.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

REALLY BEAUTIFUL! Anticipation is a highly undervalued emotion - enjoy it until Monday!
Regarding the sound system. To keep you enthusiasm at the highest leave I suggest you avoid listening to a B&O system - the Bose is fine but there is a drop off from the B&O.. I believe one can have anything they want, but can't have everything you want. Trading of a small sound system downgrade for getting everything else just like you want it seems like a fair trade off to me.

Be careful. I have the same wheels and tire size. If you rub up against a curb you will scrape your wheel, not the tire (unlike most set ups). You'll probably want to find a good wheel refurbishing place before long.

Enjoy,
Ken
Old 03-08-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kbrookings
REALLY BEAUTIFUL! Anticipation is a highly undervalued emotion - enjoy it until Monday!
Regarding the sound system. To keep you enthusiasm at the highest leave I suggest you avoid listening to a B&O system - the Bose is fine but there is a drop off from the B&O.. I believe one can have anything they want, but can't have everything you want. Trading of a small sound system downgrade for getting everything else just like you want it seems like a fair trade off to me.

Be careful. I have the same wheels and tire size. If you rub up against a curb you will scrape your wheel, not the tire (unlike most set ups). You'll probably want to find a good wheel refurbishing place before long.

Enjoy,
Ken
Uh, yeah. Read the post above yours.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

What on earth happened?
You bought and paid for the car (out of state), they shipped it and don't know where it went??
Is that real life?

I'm the same boat as you, looking to buy a car that is not within driving distance and makes me nervous. Although my last car purchase was similar, hate not being able to see it live, in person beforehand!

Good luck with the purchase!
Old 03-08-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

On Monday it was 7 hours away dropping off another car. Said it would be here Monday night. Then Tuesday morning and then Tuesday afternoon. After that communication with the driver stopped. Dealership cant locate the truck, car or driver so are refunding me.
Its real life and I am really pissed.

Quick Reply: Ugh, Monday cant get here fast enough. Hurry up!!!