A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very confused about APR upgrades to my 3.0TFSI

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ktorpil
I told them:

"They are the only APR dealer in Turkey. I don't know what else to do"

And they told me:

" Kayhan,
I would strongly advise you to reach out to your APR dealer out there and just see what they suggest that they can do. "

So I told them:

"I understand but that's what I did before talking to you and as I've said they told me that the ultracharger and crank pulley is incompatible with my car. They said that they can only do the drive pulley and tune according to it.
I've already tried a custom dual pulley setup and a custom tune for it somewhere else and I've had nothing but problems. This time I want to do it properly and that's why I've chosen APR. I want the whole deal, 450+ hp and I want APR parts and tune and I'm willing to pay for it. But between you and the dealer telling me different things I am really confused. "
I just went with Stage 1. Most bang for your buck without physically modifying your motor. 100+hp from it and you can feel it for sure. Other mods give you marginally greater power, but not nearly as significant as jump from stock to Stage 1 from what I read.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well they told me:
"Kayhan,
It must be your box code as sometimes they are incompatible with some of our products. "

And I told them:
"By box code do you mean the ECU? Well they haven't even looked at the car yet and I can tell that it's simos 8.X. Definately not simos 16."

I'm sure APR is trying their best to answer me but between the clueless dealer & their interesting replies I might go custom again.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a thought - but all you need the dealer to do is flash it. You or another local shop could install the pulleys. Will APR allow you to source their parts direct to you - have them shipped to your door.

Another option, which I’m not sure is practical to you or even an option anymore (you used to be able to do this), is pull the ECU and send it to APR for the flash. They could turn it around in a few days. Not realistic if this is your daily driver which I suspect it is (and should be &#128513.

I feel your frustration. Don’t give up yet.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great. Way to go APR ridiculing your customers ! That's it. They're not getting a dime from me.
I will buy a CTS/Forge whatever pulley and found someone to tune it.