A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some opinions

Hello Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing an 2012 Audi A8L at a dealer from my parents neighborhood in Atlanta with only 43,000 miles and is a single owner car according to carfax. When I went by the dealership it looked like there were no problems I could see with the car, turns on fine I didn't notice any hesitation and the few electronics I did look at seems to work.

The car comes with rear entertainment with the original Audi headphones, night vision, ACC so it's loaded. The only things it doesn't have it the dual pane glass and the B & O sound system.

For $33,000, do you think this is a good price? My phone messed when I was out there but I will get the rest of the pics.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AlexanderSmith
Hello Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing an 2012 Audi A8L at a dealer from my parents neighborhood in Atlanta with only 43,000 miles and is a single owner car according to carfax. When I went by the dealership it looked like there were no problems I could see with the car, turns on fine I didn't notice any hesitation and the few electronics I did look at seems to work.

The car comes with rear entertainment with the original Audi headphones, night vision, ACC so it's loaded. The only things it doesn't have it the dual pane glass and the B & O sound system.

For $33,000, do you think this is a good price? My phone messed when I was out there but I will get the rest of the pics.

Forgot pics
Attached Thumbnails Need some opinions-1.jpg   Need some opinions-2.jpg   Need some opinions-3.jpg  
Old 08-11-2017, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

You need to drive the car and make sure the ACC cruise works fine with no issues as even a alignment for those sensors can cost you about 700-900

also take it on a bumpy road and make sure there are no rattles, creaking, clicking or any weird noises from the suspension.

on the mmi screen play with the navigation and make sure its getting satellite signal and its correct with your location as some early a8s had a bad/weak gps antenna.

play some music with the bass and treble a lil up to see if u hear any rattles from the front tweeters usually the center speaker is bad/blown.

open and close the mmi screen make sure its working properly.

im sure recalls have been taken care of since its a audi dealer selling it ...

besides these issues the car is pretty solid
Old 08-12-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dildildil
You need to drive the car and make sure the ACC cruise works fine with no issues as even a alignment for those sensors can cost you about 700-900

also take it on a bumpy road and make sure there are no rattles, creaking, clicking or any weird noises from the suspension.

on the mmi screen play with the navigation and make sure its getting satellite signal and its correct with your location as some early a8s had a bad/weak gps antenna.

play some music with the bass and treble a lil up to see if u hear any rattles from the front tweeters usually the center speaker is bad/blown.

open and close the mmi screen make sure its working properly.

im sure recalls have been taken care of since its a audi dealer selling it ...

besides these issues the car is pretty solid
Good advice, thanks you I didn't think of even trying the sound. Since the car has Bose, does it still have tweeters?
Old 08-12-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexanderSmith
Good advice, thanks you I didn't think of even trying the sound. Since the car has Bose, does it still have tweeters?
Yes. But they don't pop up like the B&O's do.

I would take it for a nice long test drive and then when you get back spend some time playing with everything. You'll not only find out if something is broken but you'll learn about the car.

Also keep in mind if you're willing to travel a little ways and you don't mind a car with 40-60 thousand miles you could have a 2013-2014 4.0t car at around that same price.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

love the brown interior