A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would my wife know if I got a stage 2 tune?

Old 01-09-2018, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Would my wife know if I got a stage 2 tune?

Hey everyone,

My wife and I have differing opinions about my big beautiful 2014 S8. Namely, she pretty much hates it while I’m basically obsessed with it. She likes her Toyota Prius and sees the s8 as giant and wasteful. She does like the massage seats at least haha... anyways I have a bug to go APR stage 2 with software and downpipes. how altered is the drive and engine sound? Would she notice it? I don’t really necessarily plan on telling her when I get it done....
Old 01-10-2018, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Doctormario
Hey everyone,

My wife and I have differing opinions about my big beautiful 2014 S8. Namely, she pretty much hates it while I’m basically obsessed with it. She likes her Toyota Prius and sees the s8 as giant and wasteful. She does like the massage seats at least haha... anyways I have a bug to go APR stage 2 with software and downpipes. how altered is the drive and engine sound? Would she notice it? I don’t really necessarily plan on telling her when I get it done....
No. She won't notice. Absolutely not. You could even remove the mid resonator and get a stage 2, she won't notice.

Comfort mode sounds exactly the same as stock. Cold start is slightly louder.

dynamic mode with the valves open = she may notice.

Last edited by BTAudi; 01-10-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

With respect to the "she may notice" issues, I have a funny story. When I did the build for my wife's Cayenne, I ordered the Sport exhaust, without telling her. I figured that since the system was activated by a button, I would only do so when I was in the car alone. I overlooked the fact that on cold startup, the exhaust is always open, and along with the rich startup fuel mix , that big N/A V8 emits a NASCAR like roar that is orgasmic, to me, anyway.

She wasn't nearly as pleased
Get the tune. Mike
Old 01-10-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks!

Thanks to yall I’m all in for stage 2.. thanks! Hilarious story about the Porsche sports exhaust btw.. haha
Old 01-10-2018, 12:55 PM
Necromancer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default I Have A different Idea...

Hey everyone,

...get a tune for her Prius. Oversized battery and an uprated electric motor. Vroom!
Old 01-10-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I keep thinking of stage two for my 2014 A8 but.......more money for less of a bump compared to stage one. Im already at peril with my license as it is, i cant believe I havent been pulled for speeding yet! I love the extra power of Stage one, wife never drives the car anyways, she says its too big and complicated. She drives a Mini vert in the summer and an X3 all winter........i get it. I loathe small cars though, after being in the Mini for 30 minutes I want to get the hell out!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Hey everyone,

Wonder if she would know if you got a new dress?
Old 01-11-2018, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine didn't
Old 01-11-2018, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone,

Other option would be to get wife #2
Old 01-11-2018, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A second car and paying for remote parking would almost certainly be cheaper than that option.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would my wife know if I got a stage 2 tune?