A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambient interior lighting plus package with multicolor ambient light

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient interior lighting plus package with multicolor ambient light

I am disappointed I did not order this. It was on all the demos I drove but I never added the luxury package that is what has this option embedded in it. Just venting to any one considering a build. The wow factor of the car is some what lowered without this. I will follow these threads to see if there is an add on feature or software. When the car boots up the side strips above all four door handles light up for a second so they are there
Old 07-13-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

What color is available, only white? If you shift to dynamic do they all turn red?
Old 07-13-2019, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by markpow
What color is available, only white? If you shift to dynamic do they all turn red?
It is adjustable based on your preference in the MMI system.

There are 8 or so colors if memory serves correctly, and you can use either built in colour settings or go nuts and choose your own for the roof, doors, etc.

I don't think there is a way to get it to turn red if you shift to dynamic though. I mean, you can change everything to red if you want, but I don't think you can get it to do this as you shift drive modes but I'd have to double check.

IMHO unless you do a lot of night driving it's a gimmick. -pretty gimmick, but still a gimmick. At least Audi did it right, unlike MB's S class which looks like the inside of a 1970s adult themed video. (it's tacky.)
Old 06-12-2022, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Resurrecting an old ambient lighting thread. Noticing on the newer Mercedes videos that the ambient lighting stays on even during daytime. Is there a setting for “constant on” in the D5, or do you have to have the headlights on?
Old 06-12-2022, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiConverted
Resurrecting an old ambient lighting thread. Noticing on the newer Mercedes videos that the ambient lighting stays on even during daytime. Is there a setting for “constant on” in the D5, or do you have to have the headlights on?
headlights must be on. I think it's a good thing as MB has taken this way too far, but that's my personal view
The following 2 users liked this post by angrypengu:
AudiConverted (06-13-2022), leomaestro (06-18-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
headlights must be on. I think it's a good thing as MB has taken this way too far, but that's my personal view
Thanks for the reply. Agree that “blue” in MB videos is really bright and a little too all over the interior.
The following 2 users liked this post by AudiConverted:
angrypengu (06-14-2022), leomaestro (06-18-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior member

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering how to make the lighting work permanently
Old 09-03-2022, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello Does anyone know some trusted place online, with worldwide delivery, where I can buy an original set (kit) of the full RGB ambient lighting (Ambient LED interior lighting package plus), because it turned out that mine is some basic ambient light package and it can only light up in white ? The car is A8 (D5) 2020. I'm from Bulgaria.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i have the same problem. Basic package only white. any solution/Upgrade?
Old 09-17-2022, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 65 Likes on 63 Posts

Are you saying that you have "all" the LED strips already fitted, but they are only white or are you missing some of the actual strip that would be in the full colour option?

Quick Reply: Ambient interior lighting plus package with multicolor ambient light