A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another EXCELLENT “first drive” review for the D5

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts
Default Another EXCELLENT “first drive” review for the D5

I suppose it’ll be worth the wait...Especially for the 460hp 4.0 V8.

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/18269...8-first-drive/
Old 10-09-2017, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
I suppose it’ll be worth the wait...Especially for the 460hp 4.0 V8.

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/18269...8-first-drive/
With the U.S. delay to "late 2018", maybe we'll have the choice of engines by then...V-6 or the V-8. Reviews like this one help make the decision to wait for the D5 easier. Still frustrating!
Old 10-09-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gb4.2
With the U.S. delay to "late 2018", maybe we'll have the choice of engines by then...V-6 or the V-8. Reviews like this one help make the decision to wait for the D5 easier. Still frustrating!
Will be extremely frustrating if availability of the V8 is further delayed here in the US after this initial delay. I think there’s been way too much focus in Ingolstat on the AI tech and not enough on V8 availability, after all it’s the damn “flagship” for cryin’ out loud!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will be extremely frustrating if availability of the V8 is further delayed here in the US after this initial delay. I think there’s been way too much focus in Ingolstat on the AI tech and not enough on V8 availability, after all it’s the damn “flagship” for cryin’ out loud!
Perfectly stated!!
Old 10-10-2017, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default And another positive review...

From Motor Authority....

2019 Audi A8 first drive review: technology enabling luxury
Old 10-11-2017, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very positive review. However, the test car wasn't equipped with some of the key options that one would think Audi would want to have available for the review....like the AI Active Suspension or the Traffic Jam Pilot. Why not offer the D5 here sooner without the TJP? And the reviewed vehicle was equipped with the V-8....why the further delay in that engine for the U.S. market after the V-6 equipped version is available "late next year"? It starting to feel like Audi was self-pressured to announce & show the D5 in early July but was way premature in doing so. I'm now thinking we won't really see the new D5 here until early 2019 at best. Feels like a one-year "bridge" lease deal of some kind from Audi will have to happen for me.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gb4.2
Very positive review. However, the test car wasn't equipped with some of the key options that one would think Audi would want to have available for the review....like the AI Active Suspension or the Traffic Jam Pilot. Why not offer the D5 here sooner without the TJP? And the reviewed vehicle was equipped with the V-8....why the further delay in that engine for the U.S. market after the V-6 equipped version is available "late next year"? It starting to feel like Audi was self-pressured to announce & show the D5 in early July but was way premature in doing so. I'm now thinking we won't really see the new D5 here until early 2019 at best. Feels like a one-year "bridge" lease deal of some kind from Audi will have to happen for me.
"Why not offer the D5 here sooner without the TJP? And the reviewed vehicle was equipped with the V-8....why the further delay in that engine for the U.S. market..."

Both very good questions. I plan to pen a letter to Scott Keogh about this situation this weekend. Perhaps if more of us communicate in writing to him directly he might feel some level of pressure to expedite (or initiate) some form of "bridge" program. I'd love Audi to take back my current D4 and then re-lease it to me until the new car arrives here. If wishes were fishes...
Old 10-11-2017, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

"Why not offer the D5 here sooner without the TJP? And the reviewed vehicle was equipped with the V-8....why the further delay in that engine for the U.S. market..."

Both very good questions. I plan to pen a letter to Scott Keogh about this situation this weekend. Perhaps if more of us communicate in writing to him directly he might feel some level of pressure to expedite (or initiate) some form of "bridge" program. I'd love Audi to take back my current D4 and then re-lease it to me until the new car arrives here. If wishes were fishes...
Good idea. Writing a letter to anyone else at Audi of America other than Mr. Keogh would likely not matter much. I'll send mine this weekend, too. Other than waiting for our respective dealers to come back to us with Audi's "bridge" lease offer, that's about all we can do.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's probably going to be like.... SERIOUSLY?

Scott Keogh
Old 10-26-2017, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I honestly don't know how I feel about the look of the 2019 A8, From the pictures online the front looks like a 2017 A4. I'll have to see it in person to make a better judgment on it.

Quick Reply: Another EXCELLENT “first drive” review for the D5