AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d5-platform-discussion-221/)
-   -   Anyone still in the market for the D5?? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d5-platform-discussion-221/anyone-still-market-d5-3065348/)

Puzz1 12-29-2023 03:34 PM

Anyone still in the market for the D5??

Maybe it's the time of year or perhaps this forum is just quiet in general- but I don't see any new or recent threads from would be buyers seeking advice from other D5 devotees. No threads about cross shopped models; no debates about which equipment is must have vs not; no asks for pics to see different color combos; no "new baby announcements" for new or CPO purchases with the requisite photos. Nothing. Just a bunch of boring stuff related to rattles, and other issues of marginal interest. Maybe I'm missing something but it's been pretty dead around here !

angrypengu 12-29-2023 04:29 PM

To be fair we've covered these topics ad nauseum. This car is (aside from the BSG) extremely reliable, so sometimes no news is good news. There's a lot of lurkers though as response times are generally fast. We're just sort of out of things to talk about.

Puzz1 12-29-2023 06:55 PM

I get that, but this is a model still in production. I expect the excitement to die down a bit after the first two model years. But why aren't people talking about current or planned acquisitions ? Is the car that unpopular? The posts here read a lot like the D4 forum. Just a depository to air out or to discuss service issues.

Torque450 12-30-2023 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Puzz1 (Post 25872440)
I get that, but this is a model still in production. I expect the excitement to die down a bit after the first two model years. But why aren't people talking about current or planned acquisitions ? Is the car that unpopular? The posts here read a lot like the D4 forum. Just a depository to air out or to discuss service issues.

​​​​​​I hear what you say, but it's a fairly niche car with niche owners ! The once very popular Subaru forum I visit for my Impreza turbo has become quiet - there is a big repository of information but most topics have been discussed and not many people are modifying. The Volvo forum I use is livelier because there are lots of new model discussions and ev debates, and it catches a bigger European audience.

I still want to know where I can get some splashguards for the S line/ S8 and this is the only place I hope to get the answer !

​​​​​​

angrypengu 12-30-2023 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Puzz1 (Post 25872440)

I'm not sure if you're aware but the D5 sells in numbers similar to a RR. I'm not equating the two, but they are insanely unique cars. It's one reason I have both :)

mattsrs 12-30-2023 04:13 AM

FWIW, I bought mine late November and been loving the car! The deal was too good to pass and I love the under the radar look of the A8. I am disappointed by how quiet this forum is in general compared to other cars I have had. It seems super small community. I had a 2023 7 series before this and even though that car sells small numbers, the forum was much more active.

subterFUSE 12-30-2023 06:05 AM

I have a 2023 S8 on a 3 year lease, starting 9/30/23. It's a nice car and I am pleased with it, but I would not say that I'm emotionally attached to it like I am with other cars.
I have already decided that I will be going back to BMW after this lease is over. Most likely I will lease another M5 (hoping for the M5 Touring).

I purchased my 2023 R8 so I will still have an Audi in the garage.

MorganMay 12-30-2023 06:07 AM

As a lurker who was an occasional contributor four years ago, my 2020 A8L 60 has been working so flawlessly that there isn't a lot to say beyond that. Other than the annoying stop/start system that needs to be shut off each time, it has put me in a euphoric state on even the most mundane trips. I am staying attentive to anything BSG related -- hoping to hear the issue has been finally resolved.

Tom C 12-30-2023 07:54 AM

I bought a new 2023 S8 yesterday. $5k off MSRP + $20k Audi rebate which expires on 1/2/24 along with 2.99% APR, it's a steal. This is the best time of the year to get a great deal on a car they are trying to end the year with a bang. There is no difference in 2024 model that I am aware of, the one I bought was built in June 2023, so it was one of the last 2023 models built.
I love the car it's a beast yet rides perfectly on the highway when cruising. The massage seats are wonderful.
My 2020 S8 warranty was about to expire next month I found this 2023 leftover and worked them over hard on the price.

subterFUSE 12-31-2023 04:49 AM

The D5 board is a lot more active than the R8 board. I have to go over to R8 Talk to find other owners.