AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d5-platform-discussion-221/)
-   -   Baby come back.... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d5-platform-discussion-221/baby-come-back-3042501/)

Moongoa 07-06-2022 07:50 PM

Baby come back....

After living without the A8 in my life for only 5 months I found myself longing for the plush ride and subtle luxury. I have a new plan......I'm ordering one just how I want it. Last time I fell into the 2020 because of the amazing deal. This time im in it for the long haul (pun intended). Now don't get me wrong the BMW M550i is a sweet car but it is a different car and does not fill the luxury sedan space that was left empty when I sold the A8. Now the 2020 had issues for sure. Excessive oil consumption, radar going out and so on. I am hoping the bugs are worked out with the 2023 model I am ordering tomorrow. For the engine I am going with the tried and true v6. I was surprised yesterday on a test drive it was not under powered. I had the v8 last time but just could not get past adding 2 qts of oil at only 5k miles. Loading this one up this time including the 4 wheel steering. Glacier White. Im hoping I can just hide the BMW in the barn for awile and the other half will forget about it. One for luxury and one for speed lol.

Omeletpants 07-06-2022 08:01 PM

The V6 has been plenty for me and the Glacier white also works well. I get so many compliments on the car. My only complaint is that the Nav and voice system sucks

Omeletpants 07-06-2022 08:12 PM

Anyone know the current order time of the V6 and S8

Moongoa 07-06-2022 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Omeletpants (Post 25725869)
The V6 has been plenty for me and the Glacier white also works well. I get so many compliments on the car. My only complaint is that the Nav and voice system sucks

No excessive oil consumption on the V6!! and still enough power which surprised me. Added bonus I still have my winter tire and wheel set and the other extras.....seems like every time I buy a car I spend 5k on all the things I "need" lol.

leomaestro 07-10-2022 12:07 PM

So far the V6 power satisfies me and no urge for overspending on a V8. BMW is not a contender in my books. Color is your personal choice but if you are a hardcore music lover go for the B&O Advanced pack if you can afford it and available in your color. I know it is 5 grand or more but in the long run that will make sense.

derfA8L 07-10-2022 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by leomaestro (Post 25727012)
So far the V6 power satisfies me and no urge for overspending on a V8. BMW is not a contender in my books. Color is your personal choice but if you are a hardcore music lover go for the B&O Advanced pack if you can afford it and available in your color. I know it is 5 grand or more but in the long run that will make sense.

B&O Advanced system isn’t offered on the A8 anymore (either in ‘22 or the upcoming ‘23MY). Only available on the S8 now, the same for Night Vision assist. Damn shame about that.

Omeletpants 07-10-2022 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Moongoa (Post 25725875)
No excessive oil consumption on the V6!! and still enough power which surprised me. Added bonus I still have my winter tire and wheel set and the other extras.....seems like every time I buy a car I spend 5k on all the things I "need" lol.

Plenty of power for my around town driving. Audi V6 have always been noted for being the best

angrypengu 07-10-2022 06:14 PM

I find that the V6 is really good in not burning oil unless one has passed at least 5000 miles from the last oil changes and going WOT a lot.

Honestly as a speed demon even I don't get the point of a V8. Lake...the V6 ain't slow..

MVoorhees 07-12-2022 05:39 AM

Really?? That is absolutely insane as far as I am concerned. Now that I have the Advanced system on my '19 i genuinely Don't know why I would ever want to go back to not having it

derfA8L 07-12-2022 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by MVoorhees (Post 25727620)
Really?? That is absolutely insane as far as I am concerned. Now that I have the Advanced system on my '19 i genuinely Don't know why I would ever want to go back to not having it

I’d guess it’s an outgrowth of availability issues due to the global shortage of computer chips. I’m personally fine, and more than happy, with the base B&O Premium system. I’m more annoyed about the Night Vision Assistant not being available on the A8. It’s something I really miss not having on my present D5 and wanted for my next A8 in Spring ‘23.