A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming back to the Audi family! Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the pics. It looks sharp, but hoping they can still find me a Moonlight/Sarder car that I originally wanted. The Vesuvius had a black interior which I am not loving.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Additional Question- What is part of the "First Edition Package" It is on the Vesuvius grey color car I am looking at, and I am not sure what I am getting for $3,900.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo118
Additional Question- What is part of the "First Edition Package" It is on the Vesuvius grey color car I am looking at, and I am not sure what I am getting for $3,900.
From the Audi USA website:
Available in limited quantities, the First Edition package includes HD Matrix-design LED headlights, OLED taillights and black painted brake calipers. Inside, occupants are treated to the Extended leather package, the Air quality system and more.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

the first edition package is cool for 3900.
the only problem is a prebuilt package.
you may get it as vesuvius gray which is a cool color with sarder brown interior.
First Edition Package you get all those options for just $3900
seperate is expensive
shop around for the first edition package hope you get it with vesuvius gray

First Edition Package

• Luxury Package $4,250
  • Lighting Package $3,400
  • Light Alcantara Headliner
  • Aluminum Optic Buttons
  • Extended Leather Package
  • Ambient Interior Lighting Plus Package
  • Ionizer & Fragrance Premium Air Quality
  • Valcona Leather Seat Upholstery
  • HD Matrix-Design LED Headlights
  • OLED Taillights w/Animation
it also comes with the other options like the
executive package
cold weather package
driver assistance package
20 inch 265/40R20 all season tires
Hope your dealer has it or ask for it and shop around until you get it.
Peace.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bravo659
the first edition package is cool for 3900.
the only problem is a prebuilt package.
you may get it as vesuvius gray which is a cool color with sarder brown interior.
First Edition Package you get all those options for just $3900
seperate is expensive
shop around for the first edition package hope you get it with vesuvius gray

First Edition Package

• Luxury Package $4,250
  • Lighting Package $3,400
  • Light Alcantara Headliner
  • Aluminum Optic Buttons
  • Extended Leather Package
  • Ambient Interior Lighting Plus Package
  • Ionizer & Fragrance Premium Air Quality
  • Valcona Leather Seat Upholstery
  • HD Matrix-Design LED Headlights
  • OLED Taillights w/Animation
it also comes with the other options like the
executive package
cold weather package
driver assistance package
20 inch 265/40R20 all season tires
Hope your dealer has it or ask for it and shop around until you get it.
Peace.
Thanks I found a Vesuvius without that package, in fact 2 of them. Waiting to see if the brown interior is available, if not most likely going with black interior.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks I found a Vesuvius without that package, in fact 2 of them. Waiting to see if the brown interior is available, if not most likely going with black interior.
Solo-
If I might offer my POV here. I fully respect that your purchase/lease decision is comprised of a set of criteria you've established for your specific needs (practical-financial-aesthetic), and I don't want to appear as if I'm intruding on something that only you know meets all your needs. Having said that, I surmise from your earlier questions that in a perfect world you may have preferred the Valcona leather over the Valetta leather and IIRC you may have liked to have the OLED tailights, although you were perhaps more concerned about having the full rear light bar -- I know that you were willing to forego these, but with the First Edition package (Luxury + Lighting packages) you'd effectively get some very nice comfort and safety upgrades at a very good discount value: MSRP of $7,650 for both Luxury + Lighting discounted to $3,900 for a savings of $3,750. In my mind the key benefits of having the Luxury package upgrades are: the Valcona leather; the extended leather package; the full interior multi-color Ambient Lighting---and several other nice features. From a practical safety viewpoint, the Lighting package's HD Matrix Headlights will be IMO a valuable enhancement over the standard LED units when Audi is permitted to have dealers activate the full matrix functionality once the regs permit it (should be happening fairly soon).

I apologize if you feel I'm being presumptuous, especially since I'm not the one looking at the additional $3,900 expenditure. Just thought it was something worth a bit more consideration to avoid any "I should have" feelings down the road.

At any rate, best of luck with whatever decision you make, and have fun with the new D5 in whatever form it takes!!!

derf
Old 10-31-2018, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Solo-
If I might offer my POV here. I fully respect that your purchase/lease decision is comprised of a set of criteria you've established for your specific needs (practical-financial-aesthetic), and I don't want to appear as if I'm intruding on something that only you know meets all your needs. Having said that, I surmise from your earlier questions that in a perfect world you may have preferred the Valcona leather over the Valetta leather and IIRC you may have liked to have the OLED tailights, although you were perhaps more concerned about having the full rear light bar -- I know that you were willing to forego these, but with the First Edition package (Luxury + Lighting packages) you'd effectively get some very nice comfort and safety upgrades at a very good discount value: MSRP of $7,650 for both Luxury + Lighting discounted to $3,900 for a savings of $3,750. In my mind the key benefits of having the Luxury package upgrades are: the Valcona leather; the extended leather package; the full interior multi-color Ambient Lighting---and several other nice features. From a practical safety viewpoint, the Lighting package's HD Matrix Headlights will be IMO a valuable enhancement over the standard LED units when Audi is permitted to have dealers activate the full matrix functionality once the regs permit it (should be happening fairly soon).

I apologize if you feel I'm being presumptuous, especially since I'm not the one looking at the additional $3,900 expenditure. Just thought it was something worth a bit more consideration to avoid any "I should have" feelings down the road.

At any rate, best of luck with whatever decision you make, and have fun with the new D5 in whatever form it takes!!!

derf
dont worry, it is no intrusion and I definitely understand your concern.

In honesty it is a business car, so I need to stay within a certain lease price and the 92k car exceeds it slightly. The extra $3,900 package is going to add at least $50-$60 a month and after reviewing the features these are items I can live without.

Would I like to have the package? Sure, but I have no feeling of “I wish I had that” as I have the other options I really want (driver assist pack and executive pack) I did not even want the 20” wheels but nearly all cars come with it.

I still need to factor in wheel/tire insurance but I can probably pay for that upfront.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

dont worry, it is no intrusion and I definitely understand your concern.

In honesty it is a business car, so I need to stay within a certain lease price and the 92k car exceeds it slightly. The extra $3,900 package is going to add at least $50-$60 a month and after reviewing the features these are items I can live without.

Would I like to have the package? Sure, but I have no feeling of “I wish I had that” as I have the other options I really want (driver assist pack and executive pack) I did not even want the 20” wheels but nearly all cars come with it.

I still need to factor in wheel/tire insurance but I can probably pay for that upfront.
Understood and makes sense. Now, go get one of those suckers!!! :-))
Old 10-31-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Understood and makes sense. Now, go get one of those suckers!!! :-))
thanks brother. Ended up with the Vesuvius 92k car and should be taking delivery tomorrow if all goes well. I am getting black interior unless I get some sort of surprise as a Sarder was showing sold.

The sarder is dark enough so I don’t think I will be missing out on anything.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Solo-

derf
Derf well said that I would do because of the great savings.
Three years ago when leased the A8 swb
I got the executive package valued at 3950 was discounted at 3950. Glad I jumped on that savings.
today I'm looking for the same savings being the first edition package. One thing that will hold me back from getting the A8L is the driver assistance package. If I can get the executive package, the cold weather package and the first edition package and vesuvius gray either sarder brown or black valcona I'll jump on it as well.

Last edited by bravo659; 10-31-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Coming back to the Audi family! Couple of Questions