A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming back to the Audi family! Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another crazy turn in events! Blue car is fixed, Audi had a master technician come in with the needed part and install it. Good to go, car arrives tomorrow. Moonlight/sarder executive pack, driver assist and 20” wheels.

Was kind of getting into the Vesuvius color, but moonlight is my #1 choice after all.

Derf do you have any nice photos of a moonlight a8 as I will need a fix until it comes in
Old 10-31-2018, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts

A bit upsetting that the first edition package is nowhere to be found on the build page on audi.ca or audiusa.com.

Where did you guys get this info? Dealer?
Old 10-31-2018, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
A bit upsetting that the first edition package is nowhere to be found on the build page on audi.ca or audiusa.com.

Where did you guys get this info? Dealer?
Do internet search of dealer A8L inventory and you will find links to these First Edition US spec cars. For example: https://www.audistuart.com/new/Audi/...5fb95c1c17.htm

As I understand it, the First Edition package is being offered on a limited initial run of A8Ls. Never saw it on the on-line A8 U.S. configurator, and cannot be ordered any longer. It was listed on the September Order Guide, but it was only available on "pre-built" cars and is no longer available to order. From the OG:

First Edition package (not available for ordering / pre-built units only) Option Code 999 $3900.00
Luxury package (req. WTL & PAW)
Painted brake calipers, black
Lighting package (req. WTL)

Last edited by derfA8L; 10-31-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Do internet search of dealer A8L inventory and you will find links to these First Edition cars. For example: https://www.audistuart.com/new/Audi/...5fb95c1c17.htm

As I understand it, the First Edition package is being offered on a limited initial run of A8Ls. Never saw it on the on-line A8 U.S. configurator, and not sure if it can be ordered any longer---maybe, perhaps...I just don't know since I haven't really followed up on it. It was listed on the September Order Guide, but it was only available on "pre-built" cars and is no longer available to order. From the OG:

First Edition package (not available for ordering / pre-built units only) Option Code 999 $3900.00
Luxury package (req. WTL & PAW)
Painted brake calipers, black
Lighting package (req. WTL)
Thank you. I find it hilarious though that they still called it the A8 3.0T

Seems like you guys get this in the US, versus we get complimentary Audi Care in Canada. Oh well, seems cool though. I'd rather have the latter though as I'm doing a factory build, but definitely good to know. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2018, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Solo118
Another crazy turn in events! Blue car is fixed, Audi had a master technician come in with the needed part and install it. Good to go, car arrives tomorrow. Moonlight/sarder executive pack, driver assist and 20” wheels.

Was kind of getting into the Vesuvius color, but moonlight is my #1 choice after all.

Derf do you have any nice photos of a moonlight a8 as I will need a fix until it comes in
Congrats on getting your #1 color choice. I'll bet Audi wanted to get their hands on that vent motor to diagnose the failure cause pronto. Pretty sure this pic is Moonlight Blue metallic...

Last edited by derfA8L; 10-31-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on getting your #1 color choice. I'll bet Audi wanted to get their hands on that vent motor to diagnose the failure cause pronto. Pretty sure this pic is Moonlight Blue metallic...

You are correct, looks like it. Should be picking up tonight, but will shoot some live photos tomorrow when the sun is out.

This dealer (Jack Daniels in NJ) claims it is the first delivery of the A8, but I highly doubt it!
Old 11-01-2018, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You are correct, looks like it. Should be picking up tonight, but will shoot some live photos tomorrow when the sun is out.

This dealer (Jack Daniels in NJ) claims it is the first delivery of the A8, but I highly doubt it!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, seems you'll be the 1st D5 delivery on AW anyway! Congrats and as you know...It's not official until you post pics ;^))
Old 11-02-2018, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, seems you'll be the 1st D5 delivery on AW anyway! Congrats and as you know...It's not official until you post pics ;^))
Pics are coming! Got it last night, it was dark outside and it was a rainy morning. It is sitting in my parking lot now, but I will try to get some when I get home....
Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Pics are coming! Got it last night, it was dark outside and it was a rainy morning. It is sitting in my parking lot now, but I will try to get some when I get home....
Congrats, how was the drive home last night? 😃

Quick Reply: Coming back to the Audi family! Couple of Questions