A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 A8 Off Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by Francis Foster
I'm planning to travel through Europe on my D5 next summer. Maybe, St. Petersburg will be my next destination Foreigners fell in love with Petersburg. The number of foreign tourists for the first time exceeded Russian - John Fisher - Blog..
Looks amazing! Welcome to the forums and pls keep us posted! Any photos of your D5?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I appreciate everyone's support for my bumper issue. I picked up the car yesterday back from the body shop!

I had the chance to meet the head painter when I picked up the car, who insisted to the foreman to chat with me and apologize personally. He and the shop foreman are truly professionals who take their job seriously.

Within 24 hours of dropping off the car to repair said bumper (for both attempts), I had my car back. The D5 is looking great and is back in business. Couldn't be more happier with the outcome. I sincerely appreciate everyone's support!
The following users liked this post:
HankJ (02-10-2020)
Old 05-29-2019, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
I appreciate everyone's support for my bumper issue. I picked up the car yesterday back from the body shop!...Within 24 hours of dropping off the car to repair said bumper (for both attempts), I had my car back. The D5 is looking great and is back in business. Couldn't be more happier with the outcome. I sincerely appreciate everyone's support!
Great to hear. Happy that it all worked out in the end.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 158 Likes on 124 Posts

If they can see that it is a very new and expensive car, I think they may be surprised that you would lower yourself to get your hands dirty. Having worked on cars for almost half a century, it seems normal to me. Now, if they saw your wine and cheese.....I'm sure that would reinforce such thinking. I'm very impressed by the extent of your front end dis-assembly but I can imagine that it was necessary to make your A8L even more "sensible".
Old 07-20-2019, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MorganMay
If they can see that it is a very new and expensive car, I think they may be surprised that you would lower yourself to get your hands dirty. Having worked on cars for almost half a century, it seems normal to me. Now, if they saw your wine and cheese.....I'm sure that would reinforce such thinking. I'm very impressed by the extent of your front end dis-assembly but I can imagine that it was necessary to make your A8L even more "sensible".
Thank you! I have no idea where my original post went, although maybe not a bad idea it magically disappeared! I was extra careful to not self incriminate but perhaps this outcome is the best

I think what a lot of people don't know is that I really subscribe to the "measure twice" cut once approach. There are a lot of monkey wrenches that will go in and start taking things apart, but there is a lot of research that needs to be done and is available to us as Audi owners. Taking apart the front end, as an example, was not something that I did blindly as the D5 scared me as it is a complicated car. I'm thankful for Erwin, that I must say.

I'm sure that was quite a sight for folks though. I was literally underneath my car, feet stuck out outside of the garage, and my arms easily had access to a glass of Cabernet with a plethora of cheese on hand.

Maybe I take this hobby a bit too far....but hey, I, like all of you, drive an A8 and we don't care what people think

Last edited by angrypengu; 07-20-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What is wrong with people!?

This is a very slightly used Audi A8 (D5) with less than 10,000 kilometers (not miles!) on the clock. Take a look at how badly the interior is all scratched up.

https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/used-c...BONTA1OQ=.html

Who does this? Seriously - what sort of human being buys a 6 figure car and bangs it up that badly? It is a single owner car as per Carfax, not a loaner or anything. Shame on people who do this to such beautiful cars!!
Old 08-26-2019, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
What is wrong with people!?

This is a very slightly used Audi A8 (D5) with less than 10,000 kilometers (not miles!) on the clock. Take a look at how badly the interior is all scratched up.

https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/used-c...BONTA1OQ=.html

Who does this? Seriously - what sort of human being buys a 6 figure car and bangs it up that badly? It is a single owner car as per Carfax, not a loaner or anything. Shame on people who do this to such beautiful cars!!
Boy, that hurts my eyes!!! Can’t just buff that out I’ll bet.

angrypengu (08-26-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Certainly unfortunat on such a new car. I'm so OCD about this kind of stuff, I only get new cars. Its cost me a lot over the years.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by avidude
Certainly unfortunat on such a new car. I'm so OCD about this kind of stuff, I only get new cars. Its cost me a lot over the years.
I think all of us are in the same boat with spending lots of $ to buy the latest and greatest.

I just don't get the people who end up buying a car, banging it up, and then selling it within a few months. If they have THAT much money to burn, why not buy a Flying Spur?!
avidude (08-27-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just released by Audi about autonomous cars.

Very neat.

Quick Reply: D5 A8 Off Topic Thread