A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 Audi A8 Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Default D5 Audi A8 Tips and Tricks

Inspired by this thread (which does have useful information), I thought I'd start a relevant one for the D5. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...2966992/page2/

1) Buried within the settings page for the seats, on the far right hand menu there is an option to turn on and off entry/exit for not only the driver's seat but also for the front passenger seat.
2) On the settings page for the HVAC for the rear, buried at the bottom is a 'lockout' feature for the rear HVAC control whereby with this enabled, if you have locked out the rear controls for the window and ability to open/close the door, it will lock out the HVAC control as well.
3) NOTE!: I've read on several people's reviews that turning off 'haptic feedback' for the MMI is highly recommended by the Audi media people when reviewers first get into the cars. I never thought anything of it, until I literally just tried it. I like the idea of a 'haptic buzz' after clicking it, despite the fact I turn off 'vibrate' when I touch virtual keys on my phone. Do yourself a favour! Try it. If you turn off haptic feedback on the MMI, the pressure that is required for the system to recognize your touch drops. There is still acoustic feedback that you can set on/off with haptic feedback off, but we're talking about a massive improvement in ability to click buttons/scroll through menus. I've wasted a month of my life with this haptic feedback thing on. Don't let it waste your time!
4) As mentioned in the Q8 thread, on the settings page for the HVAC where you can turn on steering wheel heat, sync, ionizer, just tap and hold up to two of those options. (on the upper display). After tapping and holding, it will then become a shortcut on the lower display, right next to the ... on either side.
5) Press and hold the front windshield defrost button when the car is off and HVAC Rest will turn on ("Residual heat)
Old 05-29-2019, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have no idea where to put this, but I am shocked!

Say you're going up a hill in D (not sport), and you don't want the engine to lug so you pull the paddle to downshift. It does just that (it downshifts), but as you accelerate and then crest the hill you obviously then let off the gas a bit...

Then, it goes back into D without any intervention.

Impressive, and repeatable!

--

You can also get the wipers to enter the service position without going through the MMI, which I believe you can even do with the car off. Just pull the wiper stalk all the way down.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
...You can also get the wipers to enter the service position without going through the MMI, which I believe you can even do with the car off. Just pull the wiper stalk all the way down.
I assume moving the stalk back in the opposite direction takes the wipers out of the service position and back into their active position? Or do you have to get there via the MMI?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by derfA8L
I assume moving the stalk back in the opposite direction takes the wipers out of the service position and back into their active position? Or do you have to get there via the MMI?
Yup, absolutely spot on. No need to use the MMI at all!