A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 Exterior & Interior Quick Reference Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts
Default D5 Exterior & Interior Quick Reference Guide

Nothing groundbreaking, but thought I'd share something I was playing around with for my own (potential) pre-ordering reference...A quick reference guide for U.S. spec exterior and interior availabilities...
Attached Files
Old 05-07-2019, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 788 Likes on 575 Posts

I am so jealous. The dark brown walnut wood inlay would have been my first choice!

Although gray-brown beech natural wood inlay would have looked very nice too, I think.

Friendly advice (I promise to take a photo tonight and will update in my thread): natural eucalyptus gray brown inlays LOOKS like there is a red/brown hue in the photos/reviews, but please be aware it does NOT have such a hue. It's not as grey as the Natural fine grain ash gray brown of course, and IMHO looks better, but I was deceived when I ordered my D5.

Also, the Valcona letter is, IMHO, a must. Why? I'm in awe at how strong the seat massage functions are in full efficacy mode. I can only imagine the stretch marks that would appear in the valetta leather. The valcona letter is pleated and thus does a fantastic job at hiding stretch marks!

I know big wheels are all the rage these days, but having driven the car with 20" rims, and my car having the 19" rims, I must say, there is a ride difference (albeit not large) with the 19" rims. Certainly no regrets staying with the 19s, and the turbine design makes them look bigger than they really are.

What most people do not know is that the car hunkers down at speed, in auto mode (not comfort!). Once it hunkers down to the lowest setting, that's when the difference between the 19s and 20s show up the most as the air suspension has much less travel room.

If ride quality is your thing, stick with the 19s!

Last edited by angrypengu; 05-07-2019 at 01:13 PM.