A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment Disclaimer & Features

Old 01-08-2019, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Infotainment Disclaimer & Features

Hello guys

I have been told some info regarding this amazing car, but I'm not sure about it.

First thing, whether a disclaimer (pop-up) is present or not prior the infotainment start-up.
And second thing if it is possible to BT pair the smartphone and the address input on the navigation screen while the vehicle is in motion.

Any info would be very appreciated.

Thanks again,
Anto
Old 01-11-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see no disclaimer when I start the car in the US.
I have an iPhone and use CarPlay and can do navigation from the phone or the car while in monition.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

My observations are the same as clintonm9's. However, certain detailed functions in Settings are not accessible when the car is in motion as Audi has deemed them to be too distracting. You will see this notification appear when trying to go too deep into certain areas of the MMI system.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 776 Likes on 568 Posts

Have any of you tried the email function in the MMI? Can you in fact read or send email or get notification directly through the MMI?
Old 01-13-2019, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have not tried it as having my iPhone's primary features (voice and text/iMessages) available via CarPlay is enough for me. CarPlay doesn't feature an app or functionality to display or read (via Siri) e-mail messages. I leave e-mail reading to my iPhone or iPad when having my vehicle stationary.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gb4.2
I have not tried it as having my iPhone's primary features (voice and text/iMessages) available via CarPlay is enough for me. CarPlay doesn't feature an app or functionality to display or read (via Siri) e-mail messages. I leave e-mail reading to my iPhone or iPad when having my vehicle stationary.
Thank you for sharing! The Android Auto platform works the same way, which is why this MMI email function has me intrigued. With CarPlay and AA, there are no email notifications. I believe the MMI has a little banner that pops up when one gets email, and i'm sitting here excited because it may just give me enough of what I need. e.g. Sender name/subject, first few words in the body, etc, or something like that.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Thank you for sharing! The Android Auto platform works the same way, which is why this MMI email function has me intrigued. With CarPlay and AA, there are no email notifications. I believe the MMI has a little banner that pops up when one gets email, and i'm sitting here excited because it may just give me enough of what I need. e.g. Sender name/subject, first few words in the body, etc, or something like that.
I just may try it out as I have not paired my iPhone with the MMI (other than with CarPlay). I'm curious to see if e-mail functionality is there or not. Might not get to it until later this week. Will post an update after I try it.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I just may try it out as I have not paired my iPhone with the MMI (other than with CarPlay). I'm curious to see if e-mail functionality is there or not. Might not get to it until later this week. Will post an update after I try it.
Thank you 😊👍
Old 01-14-2019, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My observations are the same as clintonm9's. However, certain detailed functions in Settings are not accessible when the car is in motion as Audi has deemed them to be too distracting. You will see this notification appear when trying to go too deep into certain areas of the MMI system.
Thank you guys!

do you happen to remember which functions are not accessible?
For example: is it possible to type on the virtual keyboard the address? Or a phone contact?
Old 01-14-2019, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some features displayed when out of park and others that work out of park but display when you are not stopped.

The keyboard disables while out of park. You would need to use voice controls to enter a destination.