A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Initial 2019 A8 US Order Guide Released

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts
Default Initial 2019 A8 US Order Guide Released

Appears to be for order "launch" vehicles — As expected, V6 only. No published pricing - Color choices limited to 6 colors - 3 standard interior colors with 1 Design Select interior - 1 19" & 1 20" wheel choices (Hate both of them)

There are 4 Launch Option packages that bundle different specific items. Results in very limited customization (at least for initial launch ordering). The standard feature list is fairly extensive, however.

So we surmise from published trade sources that the base MSRP is $83,800 w/o destination charge. With the launch packages spec'd as they are, you could easily push pricing into the stratosphere just to option the car with what you really want---but end up paying for things you wouldn't have otherwise ordered.

derf
Attached Files

Last edited by derfA8L; 05-19-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

These option packages are killers. When I looked at D4 S8 Plus MSRP's on dealer lots, they all had about $35k of options. I was lucky enough to get a build order slot on my Plus near the end of production, and I was able to knock off about $25k of unwanted options and get exactly what I wanted. Then negotiate the discount from MSRP from there. I have no idea how long it will be until D5 purchasers can go that route, but If you can stand the wait, it's worth it.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Appears to be for order "launch" vehicles — As expected, V6 only. No published pricing - Color choices limited to 6 colors - 3 standard interior colors with 1 Design Select interior - 1 19" & 1 20" wheel choices (Hate both of them)

There are 4 Launch Option packages that bundle different specific items. Results in very limited customization (at least for initial launch ordering). The standard feature list is fairly extensive, however.

So we surmise from published trade sources that the base MSRP is $83,800 w/o destination charge. With the launch packages spec'd as they are, you could easily push pricing into the stratosphere just to option the car with what you really want---but end up paying for things you wouldn't have otherwise ordered.

derf
Hi, I appreciate you posting the Audi guide but there is no price to go with the products at hand.
Is there a guide with prices?
Old 05-21-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bravo659
Hi, I appreciate you posting the Audi guide but there is no price to go with the products at hand.
Is there a guide with prices?
Not released yet. This is typical in that the OG with pricing usually gets published after the initial guide w/o pricing comes out...Probably will see the OG with retail pricing in a few weeks (or sooner).
Old 05-21-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I know there are a bunch of people on here that have expressed their dislike for the new car..... but I think it's stunning and can't wait to see what they do with the S version.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Tell me, is Valetta leather the lowest grade that Audi offers or is it the same as Valcona? I think I have Valetta and sometimes I have to wonder if its real leather. Also, I agree with derf on the wheel offerings. Both ugly.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Puzz1
Tell me, is Valetta leather the lowest grade that Audi offers or is it the same as Valcona? I think I have Valetta and sometimes I have to wonder if its real leather. Also, I agree with derf on the wheel offerings. Both ugly.
Valcona is an upgraded leather over Valetta. Valcona used to be included in the A8's "Luxury Package" with Valetta being the standard leather.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Not released yet. This is typical in that the OG with pricing usually gets published after the initial guide w/o pricing comes out...Probably will see the OG with retail pricing in a few weeks (or sooner).
My dealer is being told by Audi's regional manager to expect pricing in the next 2-3 weeks. I don't recall the inability to order individual options for any Audi model launch in the past....nor had my dealer. He's been told to expect to a more "normal" order guide format with individual options & prices listed later in June. We discussed how this launch has been fraught with errors on Audi's part, including the restricted "launch configurations" in this first order guide and just 2 unappealing wheel options (meanwhile, Germany has 10 wheel choices!). The lack of a V-8 almost one year after the European launch is very disappointing.

There was -0- chance of Audi shipping A8L's to the U.S. with the Traffic Jam Pilot (Level 3 autonomy) with most of the various regulatory agencies in the U.S. (state and federal) not being in agreement but that was the primary reason I've read for the greatly delayed launch here---as others in this forum have already discussed in other threads, this is a "blown" launch.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gb4.2
...There was -0- chance of Audi shipping A8L's to the U.S. with the Traffic Jam Pilot (Level 3 autonomy) with most of the various regulatory agencies in the U.S. (state and federal) not being in agreement but that was the primary reason I've read for the greatly delayed launch here---as others in this forum have already discussed in other threads, this is a "blown" launch.
I couldn't agree more. Cannot imagine how Audi AG or Audi USA thought that there would be any operable pathway to implementing their Level 3 autonomy within 1 year here in the U.S. Now they are starting exactly where they would have been a year ago -- importing these cars now without the ability to upgrade them to Level 3 autonomy in the future...not that I would have ordered a D5 with this self-driving tech anyway, which makes the North American delay an even greater business failure IMO. Not even sure they can get the lazer headlights approved here, let alone Traffic Jam Pilot---but it appears they finally got the Matrix headlights approved in the U.S.

Last edited by derfA8L; 05-22-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

derf
II'm sorry the interior color choices are horrible. Who would think of purchasing this car compared to BMW and Mercedes? These are the same choices that have had for a decade or more. God I hope the A7/A6 are not going to be this bad in the US

Quick Reply: Initial 2019 A8 US Order Guide Released