A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My D5 was a bit incontinent 🥴

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 129 Posts
Lightbulb

So we are saying each Lidar camera sensor thing has two washer fluid jets ? What a refreshing note on our performance obsessed family @ Ingolstadt. Hardcore german stuff. Someone is getting paid to think over there and its working in my opinion.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nozzle (ACC-radar) leaking

First post in this Forum, and frankly not exactly where it is going to end Anyway, I kept topping up the screen washer liquid and there clearly was something wrong. Today I noticed that the left nozzle was leaking. See photo and video attached. I pushed the nozzle back and it stopped leaking.

Question: who else has had the same and what did you do to resolve the issue? Also is there an easy home-made repair possible or is a new part required? In case of a new part: a part number would be helpful.

Left nozzle leaking - see video for speed of leakage.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
2023-01-16 16.19.17.mov (9.42 MB, 23 views)
Old 02-08-2023, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi Lucas
First post in this Forum, and frankly not exactly where it is going to end Anyway, I kept topping up the screen washer liquid and there clearly was something wrong. Today I noticed that the left nozzle was leaking. See photo and video attached. I pushed the nozzle back and it stopped leaking.

Question: who else has had the same and what did you do to resolve the issue? Also is there an easy home-made repair possible or is a new part required? In case of a new part: a part number would be helpful.

Left nozzle leaking - see video for speed of leakage.
I have the same issue with my 2019 A8. After filling up completely, 2 weeks later I would get the light asking to refill. The part number my friend who owns a body shop ordered for me as a replacement is:
https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__/Headlight-Washer-Nozzle/74027665/4N0955187.html

Even though it says headlight washer nozzle, that's what was ordered. All the components of the system can be found here:
https://parts.audiusa.com/a/Audi_201...363450.html#25
And here:
https://parts.audiusa.com/a/Audi__/7...1354050.html#7

I first fixed the right side which had an obvious leak but when I got the light again after another 2 weeks, I changed the other side which did not appear to be leaking. After changing the second side today, I put a sheet of bounty under each nozzle as the car sat in my driveway for 6 hours and did not see any leaked fluid however I went for a 40 minute drive which included about 20 minutes of highway and found what I would say was a large amount of fluid absorbed into the bounty afterward. I can say it's not leaking when sitting but maybe the washers auto activate at highway speeds and that's what caused the bounty sheets to become saturated with washer fluid. If that is not the case then I am at my wits end with this issue since it's been happening for almost a year at this point. I guess I'll see if this worked in a fortnight.

Last edited by hseeratan; 02-08-2023 at 01:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Audi Lucas (02-19-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

There is also a software update that needs to be done that re-adjusts the amount/frequency of fluid the system dispenses. There’s a TSB on this.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By comparison, prostatitis is slightly worse than what you're experiencing.
Old 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same issue and both nozzles were replaced by the Dealer.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hseeratan
I have the same issue with my 2019 A8. After filling up completely, 2 weeks later I would get the light asking to refill. The part number my friend who owns a body shop ordered for me as a replacement is:
https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__/Headlight-Washer-Nozzle/74027665/4N0955187.html

Even though it says headlight washer nozzle, that's what was ordered. All the components of the system can be found here:
https://parts.audiusa.com/a/Audi_201...363450.html#25
And here:
https://parts.audiusa.com/a/Audi__/7...1354050.html#7

I first fixed the right side which had an obvious leak but when I got the light again after another 2 weeks, I changed the other side which did not appear to be leaking. After changing the second side today, I put a sheet of bounty under each nozzle as the car sat in my driveway for 6 hours and did not see any leaked fluid however I went for a 40 minute drive which included about 20 minutes of highway and found what I would say was a large amount of fluid absorbed into the bounty afterward. I can say it's not leaking when sitting but maybe the washers auto activate at highway speeds and that's what caused the bounty sheets to become saturated with washer fluid. If that is not the case then I am at my wits end with this issue since it's been happening for almost a year at this point. I guess I'll see if this worked in a fortnight.
Hi. How long did it take you to replace one nozzle? What was involved in replacing it? Do you need to lift the car up to get access or remove the bumper?
Old 02-20-2023, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi Lucas;[url=tel:25791316
25791316[/url]]Hi. How long did it take you to replace one nozzle? What was involved in replacing it? Do you need to lift the car up to get access or remove the bumper?
I didn't do it myself but I watched the guy at the body shop do it. It took about 3 minutes. No lifting or removal of anything required. It seemed like he just pulled the old one out and pushed the new one in.