A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nutmeg Interior

Old 03-30-2019, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts
Default Nutmeg Interior

Been interested in what the D5 Nutmeg interior looks like in real life. A sold order car came in with this spec and my sales rep took a pic for me.

Comments?
Old 03-30-2019, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nutmeg is kind of meh for me. Is Sarder Brown an option on the A8? That color looks really good paired with gray on the Q8.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dwboston
Nutmeg is kind of meh for me. Is Sarder Brown an option on the A8? That color looks really good paired with gray on the Q8.
Yeah, Sarder Brown is available with and without Gray stitching. It’s very dark, like a brown black. Seems popular and spec’d on many dealer ordered cars— but if I was going that dark, I’d likely go with the black interior.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks more palomino tan to me, nutmeg should be darker, less tan orange, and more tobacco color, not a fan
Old 03-31-2019, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 777 Likes on 569 Posts

Would you mind asking if the wood trim here is the Eucalyptus Natural Grey one?
Old 03-31-2019, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Would you mind asking if the wood trim here is the Eucalyptus Natural Grey one?
Will ask.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Yeah, Sarder Brown is available with and without Gray stitching. It’s very dark, like a brown black. Seems popular and spec’d on many dealer ordered cars— but if I was going that dark, I’d likely go with the black interior.
I haven't seen it in person - it didn't look that dark in the pictures from the Q8 forum (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25241230) but photos can lie. I was at the dealer yesterday and checked out a few cars in the showroom hoping to see it but none of them had that interior.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Reminds me of the Amaretto interior I had in my 2008 D3....but not quite as dark.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dwboston
I haven't seen it in person - it didn't look that dark in the pictures from the Q8 forum (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25241230) but photos can lie. I was at the dealer yesterday and checked out a few cars in the showroom hoping to see it but none of them had that interior.
It's dark, but not as dark as I first remembered/described as a black brown--It is fairly dark, especially with the black carpets and blacked out trim. It does photograph lighter when lit by camera lighting or direct sunlight, just like Audi's black interiors which photograph more towards a dark gray. In fact, in some video reviews I've seen, the Sarder Brown came off at first as a gray interior with the lighting that was used.

Here's a relatively good depiction of Sarder Brown in the D5 (starts at 1:42 into video):
Old 04-01-2019, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
It's dark, but not as dark as I first remembered/described as a black brown--It is fairly dark, especially with the black carpets and blacked out trim. It does photograph lighter when lit by camera lighting or direct sunlight, just like Audi's black interiors which photograph more towards a dark gray. In fact, in some video reviews I've seen, the Sarder Brown came off at first as a gray interior with the lighting that was used.
It does look dark with the black carpet and trim, less so in the photos and videos where I've seen it with gray carpet and trim. It's a nice color.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nutmeg Interior