AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d5-platform-discussion-221/)
-   -   Self Parking App (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d5-platform-discussion-221/self-parking-app-2964873/)

clintonm9 01-02-2019 07:26 AM

Self Parking App

I noticed in some of the promo videos people had a mobile app to park the car in tight spots. Is this something that is available now or will be in the future for US customers?

derfA8L 01-02-2019 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by clintonm9 (Post 25255970)
I noticed in some of the promo videos people had a mobile app to park the car in tight spots. Is this something that is available now or will be in the future for US customers?

In the future, I believe.

jrjunior31 01-02-2019 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by clintonm9 (Post 25255970)

I’ve come across a number of “piloted parking” settings on OBDEleven for the Q8, but haven’t tried to enable any of them. I think I saw a remote setting that could possibly be the app. One of these days I’ll have to test them out, but kind of assuming nothing will happen.

clintonm9 02-11-2019 11:18 AM

As a D5 owner, it seems weird to me that the car doesn't have many assisted parking features and level 2 autonomous driving.

In some of the early videos, they show ways to park the car with your phone and a button you can use to parallel park, but the current software has none of this. It seems cars have been parking themselves for a long time now, so I am surprised none of this is there. It also had a way to detect open parking places, but none of that is here.
My brother owns a Tesla and it's level 2 autonomous driving is a nice feature to help guide you in the lines to make driving easier. This car doesn't really have that. It can reactive if you are starting to get close to the lines but it doesn't keep you centered like the Tesla. I now see a new Ford has some of that tech.

So what gives with the new flagship of Audi? Does anyone else have any thoughts?

gb4.2 02-13-2019 04:40 PM

And, surprisingly, Prestige versions of the A3 variants, A5 variants, Q5/SQ5, and Q7 are equipped with Audi's Park Steering Assist which identifies 3 types parking positions (parallel, front end in first, or backed in) on either side of the car and then takes over the steering (driver still controls the pedals) to neatly park OR unpark the vehicle. There must be a reason that the Audi models with the latest version of MMI are not so equipped at any trim level...but not a good one.

clintonm9 02-14-2019 08:31 AM

I sure hope these features will be included in an update.

angrypengu 02-15-2019 05:22 PM

You want a feature that you paid for and saw in the ads?

Seriously, you expect that?! /s

You did realize you bought an Audi right? :D

clintonm9 02-25-2019 05:31 AM

I did learn something new this weekend that some might already know. When the cruise is set and you click the button for lane assistance there are two modes. One mode will show two center arrows in your HUD and will keep you centered in the lane and not just react when you are going out of the lane. I did enjoy this while driving on the highway a lot.

Solo118 03-06-2019 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by clintonm9 (Post 25281128)
I did learn something new this weekend that some might already know. When the cruise is set and you click the button for lane assistance there are two modes. One mode will show two center arrows in your HUD and will keep you centered in the lane and not just react when you are going out of the lane. I did enjoy this while driving on the highway a lot.

Yes it is the left stalk button that activates this. Took me a month to figure out why it wouldn't stay in the lane :)

As for parking assist, weird that it is not included with the packages offered, my S550 had this in 2014, and my '17 750i had it as well.