Self Parking App - AudiWorld Forums

A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present

Self Parking App

Old 01-02-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Self Parking App

I noticed in some of the promo videos people had a mobile app to park the car in tight spots. Is this something that is available now or will be in the future for US customers?
Old 01-02-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by clintonm9 View Post
I noticed in some of the promo videos people had a mobile app to park the car in tight spots. Is this something that is available now or will be in the future for US customers?
In the future, I believe.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clintonm9 View Post
Iíve come across a number of ďpiloted parkingĒ settings on OBDEleven for the Q8, but havenít tried to enable any of them. I think I saw a remote setting that could possibly be the app. One of these days Iíll have to test them out, but kind of assuming nothing will happen.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

As a D5 owner, it seems weird to me that the car doesn't have many assisted parking features and level 2 autonomous driving.

In some of the early videos, they show ways to park the car with your phone and a button you can use to parallel park, but the current software has none of this. It seems cars have been parking themselves for a long time now, so I am surprised none of this is there. It also had a way to detect open parking places, but none of that is here.
My brother owns a Tesla and it's level 2 autonomous driving is a nice feature to help guide you in the lines to make driving easier. This car doesn't really have that. It can reactive if you are starting to get close to the lines but it doesn't keep you centered like the Tesla. I now see a new Ford has some of that tech.

So what gives with the new flagship of Audi? Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Old 02-13-2019, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

And, surprisingly, Prestige versions of the A3 variants, A5 variants, Q5/SQ5, and Q7 are equipped with Audi's Park Steering Assist which identifies 3 types parking positions (parallel, front end in first, or backed in) on either side of the car and then takes over the steering (driver still controls the pedals) to neatly park OR unpark the vehicle. There must be a reason that the Audi models with the latest version of MMI are not so equipped at any trim level...but not a good one.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I sure hope these features will be included in an update.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

You want a feature that you paid for and saw in the ads?

Seriously, you expect that?! /s

You did realize you bought an Audi right?