A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire recommendations for 2016 A8L Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire recommendations for 2016 A8L Sport

Just checking to see if anyone has replaced tires yet on this particular vehicle, I'm in need of 2 new tires, the dealership quoted $460 per tire installed. If I were a fan of the continental conti sport tire (which is what came on the car) I would just go for putting the same ones on again. I guess my issues are narrowed down to 2 things, always felt this car should drive a little quieter on the interstate but, I get it....its a 21" sport tire, how quiet can they really and actually be???=) 2nd issue is at this rate I will be replacing tires roughly each year and I have a 3 year lease. Without investing a small fortune in tires throughout the lease would anyone recommend another tire for this car and since I only need 2 at the moment, could I get away with 2 non-matching tires for a few thousand more miles until the other 2 are in need of replacing then match them back up? Maybe the continental conti sport they installed originally is the best bet but I'm doubting that's the case. Just looking for a better tire for the price point if possible. Not looking to lose ride quality, smoothness for me being more important than harder sport my feel.

(Ps. First timer for blogging on here, if I'm in the wrong spot pls advise, insure of D1-D5 platforms. Thank you!)
Old 08-11-2017, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

You'll want to post your question on the D4 A8 forum.

If you go to Audiworld Forums > Audi models > Audi A8 / S8 page, you will see a listing of forum pages for each generation and the model years/body style the D1 through D5 generations refer to.

Good luck
Old 08-11-2017, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
You'll want to post your question on the D4 A8 forum.

If you go to Audiworld Forums > Audi models > Audi A8 / S8 page, you will see a listing of forum pages for each generation and the model years/body style the D1 through D5 generations refer to.

Good luck

Thank you!!!