1993 100 recirculation flap vacum line

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 100 recirculation flap vacum line

can someone give me a final definitive answer of where the black vacume line that comes through the firewall plugs into on the engine?..i cant seem to figure where that line goes..any diagrams would be helpful...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 1993 100 air recirculation control (Vacum Line)

Originally Posted by cjams
can someone give me a final definitive answer of where the black vacume line that comes through the firewall plugs into on the engine?..i cant seem to figure where that line goes..any diagrams would be helpful...
it was a line that i saw.. the end was rotted off.. so i cut it clean.. but cant seem to figure where it goes..its hanging down behind the engine about mid way down..i can see two orange nippleles that semm to be comeing from the steering column.. one of them has what seems to be a vacume line attached to it.. but my loose line doesnt seem to match up with it..im assuming it is the recirculation flap..becuase when i push that button on the climate control.. the icon comes on but shut right off when i take my finger off the button..sorry for the long winded post..fgigured ive give all the details up front
Old 12-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe the recirc flap is electrically controlled and will only come on and stay on with the car running and the a/c on. That vacuum line might go to the heater shutoff valve or to the plenum box. A picture would help.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by midnightrider36
I believe the recirc flap is electrically controlled and will only come on and stay on with the car running and the a/c on. That vacuum line might go to the heater shutoff valve or to the plenum box. A picture would help.
ok...check this out

http://forums.quattroworld.com/a6100/msgs/50.phtml
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which end of the hose are you trying to attach? The end that attaches to the engine,right? You should be able to trace the other end and find where it goes, to give you an idea of what that line is supposed to feed. If it is the vacuum supply line that goes from the engine thru the firewall and over to the check valve above the vacuum heater valve, then I would think it either starts at the port on the drivers side of the throttle body or one of the hard lines routed behind the intake plenum on the firewall. I have a 96 A6 so it might be a little different but I can try to take some pictures tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which end of the hose are you trying to attach? The end that attaches to the engine,right? You should be able to trace the other end and find where it goes, to give you an idea of what that line is supposed to feed. If it is the vacuum supply line that goes from the engine thru the firewall and over to the check valve above the vacuum heater valve, then I would think it either starts at the port on the drivers side of the throttle body or one of the hard lines routed behind the intake plenum on the firewall. I have a 96 A6 so it might be a little different but I can try to take some pictures tomorrow.
that would be appreciated..it was too cold here in the northeast to fool around with it.. but i think ill have to remove the cover on the throttle body that says "v6" to expose the nipple that the vacum line goes to..i think it is the vacum supply line
Old 12-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

im going to do some dissassembly tomorrow.. what bothers me is that black line with the white stripe coming from the recirculation valve..where is that going.. ill have answers tomorrow
Attached Images