Audi Avant Euro tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Audi Avant Euro tail lights

I was trying a solution for the "burned out, cracked ugly" tail lights on my Avant. Super expensive if you can find the USA tail lights and used can be just as bad.

Found a euro 4A9853465C license plate panel for $45 including shipping from Ebay.de..in blue. Notched the handle area and then put a silver stripe on the handle to clean up the work.

Found the right and left new euro tail lights on eBay, both together cost $160 with shipping from Latvia. Made by Hella..and they are fine.

About $40 for paint (rattle cans, silver and clear coat) and misc supplies including the butyl cord and sandpaper.

So for about $250 I have a fresh tail section on the Avant..a more reasonable solution than buying used tail lights.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done! Looks good!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks and now looking for some descent headlamps, probably Euro needed for the front
Old 12-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have looked for some as well- my car spent a lot of time in the mountains above Denver- consequently the glass lenses (as well as my windshield) are very pitted.... although I like the glass lenses, I sometimes wish for the plastic ones that can be polished. Also- your purchase from Latvia encourages me a bit- I've seen several sets on eBay from there, but have stayed away due to the location. Apparently your transaction was fine?
Old 12-05-2016, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've gotten several Audi parts off ebay from Latvia..new headlamp lenses for my Cabriolet (that did help as they are "E" code and better than the USA DOT lenses) and some deck shocks too..all the transactions were fine.

Just be sure the brands they are selling is a good one like Hella, Bosch, etc. There are some junk China headlights that are sold here and Latvia too.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rusty Spokes
Thanks and now looking for some descent headlamps, probably Euro needed for the front
Try KFZ Teile Profis - Ersatzteile, Autoteile, Originalteile für alle Automarken
They have a good selection of OEM and aftermarket parts, including Euro headlamp assemblies