coolant temp malfunction and climate control module

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant temp malfunction and climate control module

hi, I know sorry for another coolant temp sensor thread but I cant find the answer to my problem... I have an 97 quattro wagon (V6 2.8L AFC engine) with the check engine light on. The error is Coolant Temp Sensor: Implausible signal or reading. Ive changed both coolant temp sensors on the back of the engine. I checked the wiring on the coolant temp sensor(driver's side) to the computer and changed that sensor's connector. I also checked one of the pins on the multifunction temp sensor(passenger side coolant temp sensor). The pin that puts out the coolant warning on the instrument cluster. That worked. Now, I wanted to know if I connected the other two pins together that this would show me a full temp reading on the gauge. My gauge moves but stays very very very close to C! But the temperatures outside have just gone above freezing!!

On the Climate Control Module I thought 51 on the climate control diagnostics codes was supposed to read the engine coolant temperature in degrees Celsius but all I get is a slow increase of 5 to a maximum of 90 when the engine is even off!

Also, I have not changed my thermostat because both hoses on the radiator are staying pretty similar in temperature by touch (hot).

please, I need help!!! I don't want to ruin my engine, if IT IS getting ruined.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

You may need to clear the code after the repair. You may have made the repair but the code stays in the ECU..I have a tool to do this. You could go by a FLAPS that has a code reader and get them to clear the memory.