Cruise control not working

Old 07-30-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control not working

Hey all,

My CC (cruise control) has not been working since I bought the car. It's an Audi 100 (c4) 1992 with the 2,3E 5 cyl engine.

I found a really good post on how to check that everything is in order by measuring the ohms on certain connections and voltages on others. The first thing it fails is the voltage test, that it gets voltage to the CC unit.

I've checked fuse no. 14 and it has around 11.7 volts when the ignition is in the ON position, which is fine and the fuse itself is OK (15A fuse, blue).

Another issue I had, is that I didn't get inifinite ohms when pressing down the brake peddal, which should short a circuit disabling the CC, tried with the ignition ON and OFF.

Also, where is the vacuum pump located? It had a few test to make sure that is working but I can't seem to find it....it doesn't appear to be large.

But the main question is, how the hell to i follow to wires from fuse 14 to the CC unit? It goes along the back of the instrumentpanel....Do I need to take it all apart to be able to check it all?
Old 07-31-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nevermind....turns out, the switch was in the off position. I mixed up the ON and OFF modes....sigh, do I feel stupid or what.

MOD: You can delete this post if you wish.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just have to bump my thread since it still is not working.

I've followed the guide here on audiworld on how to troubleshoot the CC and this is what i came up with.

When pushing the SET/FIX button, it gives infinite ohms when it should give 0. So I ordered a new stalk to replace the old one.

The vacuum pump was running fine, the valve also and the diaphragm was working as it should also.

When I tried to get an ohm reading from the brake pedal it gave me 0 ohms when not pressed and when it got pressed too. Which made me think that the sensor was in need of adjustment buuut...when I had the vacuum pump running and I pressed either the brake or the clutch pedal, the diaphragm opened again...which tells me its working as it should.

Now I've fitted my new stalk and it still wont work. I hear a click when pressing the "set/fix" button but nothing happens after that....