drivers side front window

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers side front window

the drivers side front wondow isnt workinh have replaced the window modular that is in the panel down by the drivers feet because it was making a clicking sound when you activated the swtich ,have also tried switching the switch wires around the switch works all other windows so cant be the switch i now have taken the inside door panel off to expose the motor and mechaisums is there a way to test the moter or if you have any other idea as to the problem thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: drivers side front window

When you try to lower the window does it act like the window is trying to go up at the same time? This means the window is getting electricity to close it all the time. It's not drawing current because the window is all the way up and the limit switch breaks the circuit. When you try to lower it, the motor windings for up and down are fighting each other. Is your battery being drained also?

If you have these symptoms, it sounds like you have a short. I had the same thing and could not find the problem on my 92 100 CS. The short is somewhere in the circuit that makes all the windows close when you turn the key all the way to lock and hold it.

My solution was to pull A-1, which is sort of a circuit breaker. It is under the hood, up by the window in the plastic box on the driver's side. I pulled it out two years ago. The only thing that doesn't work now is the feature where you close everything with the key.

Let me know if this fixes your immediate problem and if you ever find the short. I never found mine.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: drivers side front window

the window do'nt do anything the moyor modual just clicks the other windows work fine , i took the a-1 circit breacker out but that did'nt do anythingis there away to test the moter since i have the wires all exposed now thanks