Front control arm bolt/subframe bolt unavailable

Old 11-25-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front control arm bolt/subframe bolt unavailable

This forum has answered all my questions so far but now I am running into a heck of a problem here. I have one side that the subframe mount is spinning as well as the nut on top, and the other side the long bolt broke. The correct bolt is discontinued pn n90456302 I have looked everywhere in the dealer and other parts sources, tried all the bolt sources, Fastenal, boltdepot etc and the shoulder to thread length requirement can't be met. Threaded rod appears unavailable except too expensive and I think the all thread will be a problem. I am pretty resourceful and I can't figure out anything for this.

Any used ones out there?? I need this car back on the road soon, with 8-10" of snow tonight my winter car plan is falling apart.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo6justin
This forum has answered all my questions so far but now I am running into a heck of a problem here. I have one side that the subframe mount is spinning as well as the nut on top, and the other side the long bolt broke. The correct bolt is discontinued pn n90456302 I have looked everywhere in the dealer and other parts sources, tried all the bolt sources, Fastenal, boltdepot etc and the shoulder to thread length requirement can't be met. Threaded rod appears unavailable except too expensive and I think the all thread will be a problem. I am pretty resourceful and I can't figure out anything for this.

Any used ones out there?? I need this car back on the road soon, with 8-10" of snow tonight my winter car plan is falling apart.
I have at least one of those long bolts you are welcome to have..maybe two..have to check. You will also need a new track control arm sleeve for those bolts too part number 4A0399413A...crazy expensive from Audi..better deals on eBay from Latvia. Don't try and get by without the sleeve. The front end will knock itself around badly.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Oh that would be amazing if you had a couple of those sitting around, let me know. I was hoping I could pull out the sleeves and reuse them, there is lots of talk about threading a lug stud or a tap to pull the old sleeve out. I might have misunderstood and assumed if you can get them out they can be reused.

Thanks for the help so far.

Justin
Old 11-26-2018, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Turbo...send me a PM with your address? And ..you can use one of your Audi wheel lug bolts to remove the old sleeve..just thread the lug bolt into the sleeve and then, using pliers..pull the old sleeve out. The sleeves are expendable and can only be used once.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Why are the pictures of some of the sleeves shown as split sleeves and some as solid. Are they both viable options?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by turbo6justin
Why are the pictures of some of the sleeves shown as split sleeves and some as solid. Are they both viable options?
I think they are both viable options. I have used the one piece and the "crush" helped swell the size of the bushing..I suspect the split bushing will do the same.