How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner

I'm a new owner of a 96 Audi A6 Quattro. I love the car hate he problems. I bought it for 1200 and got it as is. Was told it was running and just topped running. I bought it as a gamble and replace the tcm and found out these are very expensive to get fixed or worked on. The dealership told me 2 other sensors were bad and the cost I was looking at $1800 to fix it. In the process of me telling them to stop all work etc... They never hooked my radio back up so that's my current project. Then I need to put new brakes and rotors on it on all 4! Talk about a pain in looking at more and more money but I have this strong belief it will be worth it in the long run I hope. My question is does anyone have the electronic version of the bentley manual for this car? I was gonna buy it but they are always not selling or out of stock all together.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Never, never take one of these cars to the stealership unless you want to get scammed 7 ways till sunday. What sensors do they say are bad? In my experience the C4 Audis are some of the cheapest (used parts readily available cheap) and easiest cars to work on (engine isn't crammed in the car so there's actually room to work).

You can ask over at QW (link in my sig) for the bentley manual, it's a lot busier than this place and someone might have one. In the mean time if you want a free version that's not nearly as good, go to:

http://search.ebscohost.com/ (username: indianhead password: trial) then click AUTO REPAIR REFERENCE CENTER.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Welcome to the owners' club. I am stating the obvious, but if you expected to get an Audi for $1200 and get away with nothing to fix..., then you are an incurable optimist. At least you should have checked rotors and pads.
As Ben2 says, they, and a lot of other repairs, are pretty straightforward, if you are into this kind of thing.

I do have the Bentley manual. If you tell me which pages you need, I can
send them to you.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default hey

I knew I would have to do work to it because of the water in the footwell. I knew the TCM needed to be replaced in which I did and I knew the sunroof and drains needed to be unclogged and looked at.

Now that I have those two issues resolved I just need to find out a little bit more.

Ever since I took it to the dealership my radio hasn't powered on. So I need the pages on how to access the back of the radio/harness to make sure its even hooked back up. Also I need the pages for the brakes and possible the other two sensors they told me about. One is the cam sensor and the other is like the RPM Sensor or something like that.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 93 Urs4 and a 92 100s and I love both cars more than anything else Ive owned. The s4 is fun and quick (not stock) but my 100 is supppper clean. Its got new black paint and the interior is perfect. Sitting on some 16 inch Borbets. Love that 100s man. Pure luxory.and smashes on the freeway.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought my '94 100CS in December of '04 for $3k on eBay with about 98k on it. In the intervening 6.25 years I've put 100k miles on it. It's hard to believe that this thing is 17 years old. I really like the car, though a number of small maintenance items have accumulated recently. It's a comfortable, dependable, nice looking vehicle that doesn't call attention to itself. My impression is that there is little to nothing one can do to juice the performance a bit, but hopefully I'll learn otherwise on this forum.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 94 100CS Quattro Avant

Picked ours up almost two years ago with 59,000 original miles, now pushing 88,000. Pearl white with gray leather. Changed TB right off, replaced door molding do to deterioration. Daily driver, not my B5 S4Avant (sunny weather car)got to plant the foot to get it off the line, this car cruises nice. Did a recent run from Olympia, WA. to San Francisco, CA. car ran great no issues stepped out with minimal road fatigue. Return trip was good through some rain and nasty weather. Fuel mileage could be better, have almost squeezed 23 to the gallon. Like the roomy engine compartment saves on labor costs if you need to take it in to a shop and it is easier to work on yourself if so inclined.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

A high mileage Canadian car. f any of you guys have spare parts laying around... I'm looking for a few things.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-19-2011, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am the original owner of a 92 100 with 125,699 miles on it. In spite of some unexpected repairs (3 ignition switches, one covered by warranty; a couple of valley pans and gaskets; a valve job in late 2009), I do love my car. It has been well maintained almost totally by the dealer who has done pretty well by me, but I now have an egr valve and hose blockage that that causes the check engine light to come on once I'm driving at a steady 65 mph. There is also another oil leak into the valley pan. The estimate is $1400, and I'm debating whether to seek out a private Audi mechanic in order to save money; I had a very bad experience the last time I tried a private mechanic (who actually came recommended....). Being an older gal who is not totally ignorant of how cars work, I'm really in a quandary and would love to get some thoughts from those of you who might be familiar with some of these issues.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Jwit

Just my opinion here.

If the dealer has done right by you then stick with the dealer. It is hard to buy peace of mind. Yes you may pay a premium but not having to go back and have work done again or wondering if the work was done correctly can be worth it. If you do decide on going some place else get a lot of recommendations and look on line to see what reviews if any the independent shop has and not just the ones they post on their web site.

Are you thinking of getting your car fixed? Or is it time for a new car? I say hang on to it for a few more years. I think in the next 5 years or so we will see some new cars with better technology for improved fuel mileage or we may start seeing cars in the states that only other countries see maybe more diesel power.

Cheers

Originally Posted by Jwit
I am the original owner of a 92 100 with 125,699 miles on it. In spite of some unexpected repairs (3 ignition switches, one covered by warranty; a couple of valley pans and gaskets; a valve job in late 2009), I do love my car. It has been well maintained almost totally by the dealer who has done pretty well by me, but I now have an egr valve and hose blockage that that causes the check engine light to come on once I'm driving at a steady 65 mph. There is also another oil leak into the valley pan. The estimate is $1400, and I'm debating whether to seek out a private Audi mechanic in order to save money; I had a very bad experience the last time I tried a private mechanic (who actually came recommended....). Being an older gal who is not totally ignorant of how cars work, I'm really in a quandary and would love to get some thoughts from those of you who might be familiar with some of these issues.

Quick Reply: How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?