instrument cluster panel lighting problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instrument cluster panel lighting problem!

Hi I bought a 97 Audi A6 2.8L quattro and ever since I bought it the lights for the mileage the temperature and for the transmission shift positions in the instrument cluster arent working!! the back ground light is on for the speed/rpm and brake/battery etc but the lighting for the ones I mentioned above arent. I should mention I could still see the actual mileage, temperature and shift position during the day light hours so I know they work but the lighting is bad for them I guess!

So today after checking the fuses I pulled the instrument cluster out and replaced the light that looked liked was for the mileage and put it back in with no change.. was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with these?

any help would be appreciated. I checked the fuse box that was on the drivers side by the door and the one under the hood is there another fuse box I didnt find?

thanks,
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

The lights are burned out, you need to solder in new bulbs, more info in the QW FAQ:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/a6100/msgs/1217.phtml
Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I took my 2011 Audi Q5 into the dealer to have the recalled airbag replaced. The car was just service and was in perfect condition. During the airbag replacement, I received a message that an instrument light was on and for $190. they could
look into it. I said NO. I knew the car was in good shape and I would have my own Foreign Auto
Repair shop takes care of any and all problems. When I picked up the car and turned it on most of the warning panel lights were blazing. I turned off the car and the panel warning lights stayed on. I went back inside and told the contact. I took it back and said the car is not drivable. Day two and three the dealer said that my "cluster panel" is failing. I told them I want the car in the same condition as I dropped it off. My auto shop owner said it looks suspicious. He knew it was in good shape. I need help and information to try to get my car back the way I sent it in. Does anyone know if the technician could have shorted out the panel while replacing the airbags? I appreciate any information given. Help Me is my user name.