Starla mufflers, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starla mufflers, opinions?

Both of my mufflers kicked the bucket. I've read through the many debates on the forums about which muffler works best, best bang for the buck, etc. It seems to me that nobody came to a consensus on which brand or setup worked best. I know I don't want to go with cheap Walker mufflers. FCPEuro has Starla brand mufflers for a pretty decent price, and they bolt right up. Anyone have an opinion on Starla mufflers? All I know is they are Swedish.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think they sound pretty sweet. Probably get you close to a Borla in sound, which is about the best I've ever heard on these.

Of course the best thing for sound is a turbo. My project car came with a parts store Magnaflow and sounded like poo. Finished that turbo swap and now it sounds great. Really quieted down the harshness.

-Rog
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I figured they would be pretty good, but I thought I would ask the Audi experts first. I had a turbo Saab with a Starla muffler and it was pretty throaty sounding for a little four cylinder. I just wasn't sure about the older Audis since they're so picky. As always thanks Rog.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Boy the rust gods are angry with me. First I had to clean rust and crud out of my gas tank, and now this. Yes that is a giant hole in my muffler! The hole was so big that I would have been better off just cutting the damn muffler off and running the exhaust straight out of the resonator. At least my loud, raspy exhaust would have been intentional. Anywho, I swapped out the muffler for the Starla muffler I bought on FCPEuro. The quality of the muffler is top notch, and the sound is awesome! It's quiet when it needs to be and throaty when it really needs to be. Some of the sound could be from the aftermarket resonator my uncle had installed. I don't know what brand it is, but I have the receipt from when my uncle had it replaced. It's definitely not stock. I highly recommend these mufflers.
Attached Images